Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Katie!

Today is Kate's birthday! I just got off the phone with her and it got me thinking about the good times we've had over the years. I've known her since 8th grade and we've been close for over 10 years! Nearly all of my fondest high school and college memories include Katie. One such memory is pictured below: Katie and I decided one afternoon to dress up. We ended up driving around Layton and going to a couple friend's houses to pretend we were lawn mower salesmen. We did weird stuff like this all the time. I have a picture of Katie and I freshman year at USU when we dressed up 80's style one night when we were bored. I decided against posting it......it's not a good picture of either of us! (And this one is?)

Another memory is our road trip to California. It was just the two of us and we drove to LA to see the sights. We were on a very tight budget. I think we only spent like $120 including gas for the whole trip. All we ate was a bag of tortilla chips and a box of Chex cereal. On the way home we had some cash left over on our budget, so we stopped in Vegas and made ourselves sick eating too much at buffet. Good times!!

I feel very blessed to have had such a wonderful friend for so many years. It's so crazy that we're both raising kids now and I love talking to her and getting advice on how to survive. Katie and Steve are so much fun and we just love spending time with them. I wish we could see them more often!!
Thanks for the memories, Kate! I wanted you to know I was thinking about you and hoping you had a good day. Our chats always brighten my day!

3 comments:

Kindred Family said...

Mag, That made my day! Thanks for being such a good friend. I love you!

Katie

AJ said...

You two! The picture is hilarious. I'm so excited for Katie to move to Denver We are so dressing up when she gets here. AJ

Blaine said...

I can not believe how funny that picture is! I am glad you guys had a good time in Las Vegas and wish I could have been there. Hopefully we can come visit soon!