Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Seabee Ball

Friday night Jason and I went to the Seabee Ball here on base. The Seabees are a division of the Civil Engineering Corp that Jason is a part of in the Navy. They are a construction battalion that travels and builds stuff in war zones. Jason will more than likely be a part of one of these battalions when we move the beginning of next year. Anyways......back to Friday night.

We had a babysitter come and watch the kids. Lucy is always very excited about having a sitter. She loves the attention she gets from them and a grown up playmate that will do what she wants.

The ball was a lot of fun. It's always nice to have an excuse to get dressed up. I'm not a huge fan of the dress I wore. My friend let me borrow the wrap so I could cover it up a bit. I got it at Ross for $15.99, so I can't complain too much. I have a hard time spending a ton of money on a dress I'll wear once or maybe twice a year. (I spent the big bucks on an adorable swim suit I ordered last week!).

We spent the evening with the people from Jason's office and their wives. They are all so nice and we enjoyed visiting with them.

It was so nice coming home and having the kids already asleep in their beds. Babysitters cost a pretty penny, but it was worth it. I love seeing my man in his uniform!

7 comments:

Jill said...

FUN...it's nice to dress up and have an event to go to every once and awhile like that!
I want to see your swimming suit now :)
You looked cute!

Niki said...

Mag, you look gorgeous!!! I love the shawl!

cragun family said...

You look darling. And I am very jealous. You got to go to a ball. That is really cinderalla like! I have never been to a ball before. You are a cute couple.
I want to see the suit too. Where did you get it? I've been eyeing the modbe stuff. cute!

Anonymous said...

I ordered it from Modbe! I'll post it.

Debbie Deerwester said...

How fun!! I have yet to be to a ball with Chris. He's been in two years and the timing has been off every time. You two look wonderful together! Congrats on your wedding anniversary as well. Here's to many more ahead!

Kelli said...

You two look so happy in your picture! $16 dress or not... pish posh.. (did I actually just say that?).. that kind of stuff doesn't matter!

JBBGirl said...

You and Arminda look so Tr`es chic!