Friday, March 21, 2008

Win, Lose, or Draw

Lucy and I have been playing Pictionary a lot lately. We got this white board from our neighbors when they were moving. We use it for Family Home Evening frequently. Many of our lessons end with Pictionary.

Yesterday Lucy drew this picture. She said it is she and I in front of the washing machine. Some of her pictures are very entertaining. She'll draw a box and then be ticked off when I can't figure out that it's a "rag". Sometimes she has a hard time coming up with things to draw. She said to me yesterday, "Whisper and tell me a secret of what I should draw." I tried to explain to her why that wouldn't work because then I'd know what it was and I'm the only other one playing. She replied, "Just pretend you don't know and then guess!"

Sometimes I have a hard time being motivated to get down and really play with my children. But when I do, I always end up enjoying the time spent and the conversations had. I need to make an effort to do it more often.

4 comments:

Emily K. said...

I feel the same way. It is sometimes hard to step out of the role of Mom, and caretaker, and just play. Dads do a way better job. Why is that?

The Cooper's said...

This is the cutest idea! What a fun game. I feel the same way about not playing enough...I feel guilty for it too. It's so hard to not feel that way. But it's so rewarding when you do sit down and can really enjoy your kids!

Jason Ray said...

Hey Maggs,

That was a pretty good picture of you and Lucy next to the washing machine. I think you are a great Mom and love you very much

L said...

That game is a great idea. You always have the best ideas to play with your kids.