Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Festivities

We had a great weekend here at the Ray house. It was our little family's first Easter without extended family to celebrate with. We survived it and actually had a nice time.
Saturday we had Gavin's b-day party. You may remember him from a previous post. Gavin will be remembered in our house as the one with (quoting Lucy) "the best birthday party, EVER!" We had a great time. There was an Easter egg hunt at the end. Graham even got into it a little. He mostly liked playing with the eggs after they were opened.

Sunday morning Lucy came out to find that the Easter Bunny had left her the movie, Enchanted along with some candy. She enjoyed looking for the eggs that were hid around the living room. The bunny put pennies in some, candy in others, and some had words for us to talk about or songs for us to sing. When I told Lucy he did that so we could talk about Jesus on this special day, she said, "The Easter Bunny knows about that! He's so smart!"

We attempted to get some pictures of the kids in their new outfits before church. I was disappointed that we couldn't get a family one. Oh well. Church was very nice. Lucy got to sing with the primary. Following sacrament meeting, Lucy looked at me with a tired face and said, "I don't feel good, Mom. We better go home and rest and watch Enchanted." I had to tell her multiple times that we weren't going home. She wasn't too happy.

Jason made us a nice steak and potatoes dinner after church. That evening we had some friends from our ward over to help us finish off the cinnamon rolls. We missed our family, but we had a nice day. I'm loving that Lucy is at the age where she can grasp some of the gospel concepts. It was sweet helping her and seeing her understand why we have Easter.
Side note: Check out Lucy's quotes on the side bar. She's had a few good ones this week.

6 comments:

Wright's said...

cute pictures. I love all of Lucy's new quote's. She seriously says the best stuff.

Kelli said...

I like your ideas for the eggs in the basket. I'll have to remember that for next year.

Shellie said...

Your kids are getting so big!! Easter was not so fun this year.. No kids to spend it with. At least I get to see them in 9 days, and dont you worry, I am counting down!!!! Im so excited to come!

The Cooper's said...

Cute pictures. I love Lucy's darling hat!

paulandbrianna said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Sorry we missed the cinnamon roll event that night. Good idea on the words for the Easter eggs, I really like that.

Nells-Bells said...

So, so cute! Love the pics.