Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Finally......I've Been Tagged!

Well, I was feeling a little left out of the tagging game, so after complaining to Lichelle, she added me to her tagged list. Thanks for the love, Lichelle.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
This one is very similar to Lichelle's. I was also a senior at good old Layton High working at the child care after school . I decided not to do the basketball team senior year (mostly because I didn't want to keep the bench warm anymore). Instead, I decided to do the school musical, Pirated Penzance. Much to my surprise, I got a speaking part and a small solo. I did not enjoy this experience at all. Everyone kept telling me all the hard work would be worth it when we performed........not true. It stressed me out because now I had to embarrass myself with an audience. I've never been good at the acting thing. It makes me feel really stupid.

5 things on my "to-do" list today:
1. Get laundry done for our trip to Vegas this weekend!
2. Pick Lucy up from preschool (temp. outside today: 65 degrees...I think we'll walk today!)
3. Get ipod ready for 1/2 marathon. Gotta get some good tunes!
4. Call and set up visiting teaching appointments (last week of the month....I rock!)
5. Play outside with the kiddos

6 Snacks that I enjoy:
1. Candy
2. Kettle Corn
3. Candy
4. Cheese and crackers
5. Candy
6. Rice Krispy Treats

3 bad habits:
1. I bite my nails.......a lot. I've done this for as long as I can remember.
2. I eat whatever is left on my kids plates when they are done. If Lucy leaves a couple bites of waffle on her plate.....I eat it. If Graham doesn't finish his cheese sandwich....I do. Goldfish left in the bowl.....I finish them off. You see the pattern.
3. I'm a nag. Poor Jason.

5 Places I've lived:
1. Rawlins, WY (born there)
2. Mountain View, WY
3. Layton, UT
4. Logan, UT
5. Lemoore, CA

5 Jobs I've had:
1. Checker at Bowman's Market
2. Child Care
3. Convergys
4. Supervisor at Raging Waters
5. Girls Head Soccer Coach at Bear River High School

5 Things people don't know about me:
1. Some would already know this, but I am a home body. I was the kid at sleepovers that cried at bedtime because I wanted to go home. I have a really hard time being away from my family. Kinda funny that my husband is in the military....go figure.

2. I can't make any decisions (big or extremely small) without second guessing it or feeling guilty about it. Not fun.....I'm working on it!

3. In high school I thought distance runners were crazy! During soccer practice we'd see the cross country runners leave for their workout and I'd think to myself, "Suckers!" Now I get so much satisfaction out of a long run. I'm not very fast.....but I always finish!

4. I would love to have the courage and the talent to sing solos. I feel like I have a pretty good "choir" or even "duet" voice, but I would never dare sing alone for an audience. I wouldn't even sing by myself (without radio) in front of Jason until the last year or so when Lucy started wanting us to sing to her before bed. I absolutely love hearing my brother and his wife and also my sister and her husband sing and I wish I could do that.

5. In my old age I have became very afraid of heights. It's strange, because before marriage and children, I had no problems going on the big roller coasters or whatever. Kinda weird. I used to think I would want to sky dive.......not anymore!

Anyone who hasn't done this yet, is officially tagged. I love learning new things about people and I actually enjoy coming up with stuff for myself. I think it will be something fun for me and my kids to read later in life.

12 comments:

Collette said...

This was really fun to read. I knew some of it (like you being a home body!). That reminds me...when you would stay the night, you would put your arm straight up in the air while we were going to sleep to relax or something. Do you still do that? I do it sometimes and it always makes me think of you. Sorry, random thought.

Good luck in your 1/2 marathon this weekend. Have fun with your fam.

L said...

Thanks for playing...that was fun! I thought it was fun to play tag games to make you stop and think now, but I hadn't thought about how they will be fun in the future to look back on!

Have fun in Vegas baby! I know it's way over played, but I like Who Knew by Pink and Taylor Swift to run to. Good luck!

The Cooper's said...

I really enjoyed reading this. I loved your comment about looking back on these "tagged" games in the future...made me like the game even more. Thanks Mag!

Amber said...

Just thought I'd let you know I did this on my blog. :) I agree they are fun to read. You and I have something in common- our duet/bedtime only voices. :)

Emily K. said...

It's funny, even thinking about when we were kids, I remember some of that stuff about you. The biting nails, I can still picture what your fingers look like. And, crying to go home at sleep overs. I think your mom made many a trip to come and get you when everyone else was asleep. We don't change that much in, what is it, like 17 years? You moved in 5th grade right? Crazy. Good luck in the race. I'm sure you will do better than I ever did.

Camille Foote said...

I had to laugh when I was reading this. I remember trying to bribe you with candy to come and stay the week with me in Rawlins when we were little and we ended up having to turn around and take you back to Mt View because you cried to go home. I was so mad.

I can completely relate to the indecisiveness I am so bad that I find myself at the grocery store asking Aly which one she thinks we should get. It is bad I am trying to get a two year old to make decisions for me.

Aimee said...

Good Luck in Vegas Maggie!

Niki said...

I totally remember that you bite your nails...and I did not know you were a soccer coach! How fun, by the way...I miss laughing with you, it was so great!

Jill said...

I love reading these things about people! You're so cute!

Heather said...

I enjoyed reading your tag. Good luck in Vegas this weekend. Tell the family hi for me!

Kelli said...

I think I have the same exact bad habits as you. I've gotten better at the nail biting thing, but if I get one little snag or chip in one, I pick at it and... there they go again.

cragun family said...

Very fun. I loved reading about you. Tag is great fun for catching up and learning something new about good friends!