Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

Today is Jason Robert's 29th birthday! He was an April Fool's Day baby! We celebrated yesterday because he has to go to class tonight. Lucy and I spent part of the afternoon making his favorite chocolate chip cookies (I spent the rest of the afternoon being sick because I ate too much cookie dough). I orchestrated a scavenger hunt that he went on after work. He went to his car to find balloons and a poem that sent him around to friend's houses here on base. I called all of his family, a few friends, and my Mom and Dad to email me happy birthday letters for him to get at each stop. It turned out great! He was so surprised by it all. I could tell he really enjoyed reading the letters. He read them all again as we drove to Red Robin (his favorite restaurant) for dinner. He looked up after reading a few and said, "Wow....I'm awesome!" He, of course, was kidding, but I hope he got just a glimpse of how "awesome" we all really think he is.

Jason is an amazing husband and such a loving father. He's got a full plate at work and church, but he still does so much for us here at home and he always does it with a smile on his face. What a smile he has! I love it! Happy birthday, Jason! We love you soo much!

9 comments:

Wright's said...

Happy Birthday Jason. We all love ya tons. You are amazing Maggie. Jared is lucky if he gets a card telling him how awesome I think he is.

Tanna said...

Happy Birthday Jason!!! We'll have to try Red Robin and think of you. Can't wait to see you guys next week.

L said...

Happy birthday. Lindee woke up today and asked what the day was. When I told her it was April 1st, she said, "Yes, April Fools day. Gee, Lucy's dad is lucky to have such a great birthday!" I can't remember when I told her it was Jason's birthday, but she was jealous. Hope he had a great day. We think he is amazing too!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday, Jason! We think you're awesome too.

Aimee said...

Great idea on the birthday scavenger hunt. I think that deserves extra brownie points.

Jamie said...

You're an awesome brother and I feel so lucky to be your sister. Growing up I always liked to think that you looked up to me as an example, but I have to say, now that we're grown up and we've moved away from home, I look up to you. You're an all around great person...so I hope you had a great birthday. I love you!

Jamie said...

Oh and yeh! We got a new computer today(I felt so left out, not being able to participate in the scavenger hunt, but our old computer completely crashed for good last week, and wasan't able to).

AJ said...

I need the recipe for those cookies! and the Cinnamon rolls! Hurry because I only have 5 more weeks of eating everything and anything I want!

Tami said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. I'm always getting sick from eating too much cookie dough too. Jason's such a great guy.