Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

My wonderful mother is celebrating her birthday today. I have the greatest mom in the world. She is someone I look up to in so many ways. I'm going to give you 5 of the many reasons why my mom is so fantastic. 1. She is a wonderful listener and always has time to hear what's going on in my not so fascinating life. Whenever something good or bad happens, I always want to talk to mom see what she thinks or what she would do.

2. She shows genuine concern for everyone in her family. She is very sensitive to how we are all feeling and always calls to see how we're doing.

3. Mom always has been so supportive of whatever it is we are involved in. She cheers us on and attends numerous concerts to show her love.

4. She has a great sense of humor. I remember when I was younger, on more than one occasion, people would ask me what it was like to have her for a mom because she's so funny.

5. Mom always tries to help us see the bright side of things or helps us to see both sides to a situation. She always did this as we were growing up and still helps me keep perspective in tough situations.

My mom is a very talented woman and she is such a blessing in our lives. I wish we could be there to help everyone celebrate with her. We have such a hard time being away and not seeing her more often. We love you, Mom!

3 comments:

Collette said...

Happy Birthday Nancy! I like you too.

Heather said...

Maggie I feel such empathy for you. Alot of your posts express your missing home and family. I know how you feel. Its tough living the military life. But hey look at the bright side we get to look at cute hubbies everyday in uniform. :)
Happy Birthday Aunt Nancy!

Kelsey said...

I love your mom too...funny is not descriptive enough for her. Being away from family on birthdays and holidays is the WORST. Go treat yourself to some candy:) You deserve it! Love you Mags!