Monday, April 21, 2008

One of those days

We're having one of those days. Pink eye has made it's first entrance into the Ray home. Graham got it and he got it good. In not just one, but both eyes. I felt like such a winner mom when the doctor looked in his ears and said, "Wow! He's got roaring infections in both ears, too!" He's had a rough couple of days. Hopefully with the antibiotics he'll be back on the mend. No fun (although the hat makes it a little more bearable). I decided to take Lucy in today, too. Last week she complained about her ear hurting a bit, but then didn't mention it for a while. Yesterday when she got up I asked her, "Did you have a good sleep?" She said, "What?" I repeated my question and then she asked, "Mom, why are you talking so soft?" She had trouble hearing my requests during our game of 'Go Fish', too, so I decided I better take her in. She has major fluid in both her ears and one is infected. Awesome.

Today has been spent disinfecting toys and washing little hands over and over again. My absolute least favorite part of the day is having to hold Graham down so I can put the drops in his eyes. I literally have to lay on top of the poor kid to get them in. There's been a whole lot of TV watchin' and computer game playin'. Graham loves to sit on the chair with Lucy and watch her play her Nick Jr. games. I hope tomorrow we'll be doing better.

3 comments:

Blaine said...

Oh man. I would rather be sick myself than have a sick kid. That is tough. Only a few more weeks and we will be there!

Unknown said...

nothin like sick kids to drop your routine. Hang in there. I am glad all the hearing thing was, was infection, at least that will clear! Thank heavens for antibiotics!

Kelli said...

Oh we are right there with you, double ear infection and all! Only we got the eye ointment instead of the drops... LOADS of fun.