Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cake Update....

I thought I would update you all on the cake I made for the scout auction. Some asked if I came up with the idea on my own.....the answer is a big fat no way. My friend, Jill got if off the internet.

When we arrived at the church for the spaghetti dinner, Lucy promptly got out of her car seat (she can undo it on her own) and jumped down right onto the cake. My work of art was covered with foil, but her shoe still left an imprint. Awesome.

On a positive note.....some people took pity on my popcorn cake and it went for like $18!

5 comments:

L said...

Ouch! I am so sorry and totally feel the pain. The Thanksgiving right after we got our van, I made my first homemade pumpkin pie. We were on our way to an early Thanksgiving dinner and taking a neighbor kid home on the way. When he got into the van, he jumped right into the pie and walked all over my brand new van!!! Upset doesn't even describe how I felt. Trent kindly cleaned the van and ate the remains of the pie so that he could tell me how good it would have been! I am glad you took a picture of your work of art before hand!

Michael and Brinn said...

Hey Maggie- It's Brinn. I found your blog via Tanna's. I can't believe how big Lucy is. She still looks like Lucy but grown-up and with hair. I hope you and jason are doing well. Looks like you have an active little boy. You should stop beating him up.

Aimee said...

Hey, don't worry. I'd pay $19 for a cake with an imprint of the infamous "light up boots". That cake buyer got a piece of art!
It was an adorable cake by the way.

Collette said...

I laughed when I read that-sorry. That is something that would happen to me. The cake was awesome. I am very impressed with your abilities.

Jill said...

Oh, I would have freaked! I'm so sorry :)
People obviously still loved it...$18, rock on!