Monday, January 28, 2008

Graham's First Shiner

Graham got his first black eye this weekend. We went to the park on Saturday (no rain....yippee!!) and after I kicked Jason's trash on the basketball court, we decided to head over to the big toy and swings. I was in the mood to do some more butt kickin', so I challenged Jason to a game of 2 -square on the sidewalk. Lucy was flying high on the swings as Graham wandered around the slide and stairs. We failed to see Graham walk over to the swings (the score was Maggie-7 Jason-0). Next thing you know, Graham is on the ground after Lucy kicked him in the face on the upswing of her ride in the sky. In her defense, he came from behind and didn't see him coming. In our defense......there really isn't any defense...we should have been watching. Although, the game was very intense. Yesterday at church we had some explaining to do. After reading my "Down in the Dumps" post from last week, many might be worried that I had taken my irritation to a new level. Not the case.....just a tough day at the park (for Graham AND Jason) ha ha!

3 comments:

Tanna said...

Way to beat Jason, that's the most important thing, right??? Poor Graham. We've had too many close calls. It all happens so fast.

He still looks as cute as ever, even with a shiner!

Aimee said...

Isn't a black eye a right of passage for a true boy? Even with a shiner he's still got that adorable smile, he looks happy to have a black eye!

Kelsey said...

And still a big smile. I cringed as I read...ouch! FYI...your venting blog was right from my head. I just dealt with my "down in the dumps" by not blogging for a month!We're all there with you and will someone please stop the voices in my head!!! Love you Mag, and love reading your blog!