Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas Vacation.....Round 2

We had some good times in Utah. Here are a few of the highlights from our trip:
  • Evening with Jason's family at Nana and Grandpa Ray's house. So fun catching up with Jamie and her kiddos. Aunt Shellie hooked up all the kids with awesome gifts. Lucy got a princess sleeping bag that she has slept in every night since.

  • Cousins to play with! Abby and Oliver were Lucy's best buddies during the trip. They begged for sleepovers and watched Grandpa play Nintendo in the basement (or as Lucy calls it "the placement").

  • George and Graham were pretty funny to watch interact. Only 3 weeks between them and the only resemblance they have is the blond hair.


  • Friday night with the Perry's and Janie Gunnerson. It was so nice visiting and joking around with these guys. Lucy had a great time with Lindee and Zander, too.

  • Attending church with the fam. Lucy, Abby, and Oliver were absolutely HORRIBLE during sacrament meeting. So embarassing, but pretty funny at times!

  • Lunch at Robintinos with my buddies, Aimee and Brooke. I met these two my junior year of high school at Girls State. Girls State is a week long camp-like thing that I went to because it looks good on college applications. I bonded immediately with these two. We try to get together at least once a year. This year Aimee and I brought our husbands and Brooke brought her boyfriend. So fun!

  • We saw a couple movies: Juno (wouldn't recommend, but it was pretty funny and thought/discussion provoking) and National Treasure (good action flick).

  • Afternoon with the Wrights and Kameraths. I really wish we could have spent more time with these guys. We really enjoyed the 2 hours we got to talk.......hopefully we'll get more time this summer!!

  • Shopping with family. I took many little trips to Target and the mall with Beth and/or Blaine. Good times visiting and joking around.

  • Trip to Logan and evening with the Grunigs. Jason had to do some serious work on our rental house in Logan, so we went up Sunday evening so he could get an early start Monday morning. The Grunigs let us invade their house for the night. We stayed up watching an episode of The Office and playing Guitar Hero (my new favorite game.....so flippin' fun) and eating candy.

  • New Years Eve: Bryan and Chelsey were in from D.C., so the whole Hickman family was together. We played games and ate a whole lot of food.

  • Sleeping in while Mom and Dad took care of Lucy and Graham. One of the nicest things anyone could ever do for us!!!

  • Lots and lots of laughter! I never laugh harder than when I'm with all of my family. Lots of randomness.....lots of craziness.....lots of funny!
  • Food, food and more food. I think I probably gained at least 10 pounds on this trip. There was always so much food that I just could not resist! Mom's cinnamon rolls, eating out, popcorn and candy at the movies, chinese food.....the list goes on. I have no self-control!

What a fun trip. I really wish we had more time to spend with everyone. It's hard splitting it up all the time. Everyone needs to come visit us so we can have one on one vacation without the guilt!! It's hard to believe it has already come and gone. I'm having a hard time adapting to reality. Hopefully I can just take it a day at a time. I miss everybody already! Hey Jason.....how many sleeps until July 4th?

1 comment:

JBBGirl said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST!! There is nothing more fun than family. Just reading about your family fun reminded me of how much I miss my own family! I think I am going to go see my family in a few weeks. I need the time with them and the kids miss them so much too! I love the way you write...too funny!

TTYL,
Jess