Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

I'm 28 now! Hopefully I'll remember to tell people the right age. It seems like whenever anyone asks how old I am, my first thought is "24". Do any of you do that? When I was 24 I always said 21. I remember when my brother in law, Ryan turned 28. I must have been 19 or 20 and 28 sounded SO OLD! I'm pushing 30.....yikes! I never thought I'd be the type to worry about wrinkles. But I started obsessing about it this week after I saw a picture my neighbor took of Graham and I. I bought some Oil of Olay eye cream and rejuvination stuff. I'll keep you posted......

Yesterday was a good day. I got lots of phone calls from loved ones and great emails as well as a visit from a couple buddies. Jason came home and helped with dinner. Today is going to be even better, though! Jason gave me a trip to a day spa for my birthday and some money to go shopping with! He worked out all the babysitting, so I'm off in about a half an hour to go get pampered. Then he's meeting me at the spa around 5:30 and then it's off to dinner and the outlets for shopping!! Very surprised and very excited!!

He presented it very thoughtfully and fun. He gave me an envelope that explained that he was sending me on a "Vacation From My Problems" (it's off the movie What About Bob). I then proceeded to go on a "you're getting warmer" hunt for my gifts. We had cake and ice cream with Lucy and Graham and then watched License to Wed (we netflixed it.....not that great, but entertaining). All in all it was a spectacular day and it was so fun having another day to look forward to.
The present is perfect! I couldn't be happier! I've never done the spa thing, so it should be great. I'll let you know how it goes.

11 comments:

JBBGirl said...

Enjoy it! You deserve it!

Hugs,
Jess

Kim said...

Dang Maggie! That is an AWESOME birthday 2-day celebration! My hubby got me a spa package too! ha ha I wish we could go together. :) Enjoy your day, how couldn't you!? That's just plain SHWEET. Happy Birthday girl.

Jamie said...

Wow, way to go Jason! The spa sounds so, so nice - I'm sure you'll have a great time! Happy Birthday!(And wow, what a terrible day it must have been on Monday. Suprisingly, that has never happened to me. That's not to say it couldn't!).

L said...

Good work J! You totally need and deserve that Mags. I am so excited for you.

Blaine said...

Happy Late Birthday! I reminded Blaine to call you, but I don't know if he ever did! Sorry we are late, but we hope you had a really good day!

Kelli said...

So do you guys actually USE your "You Are Special Today" plate? Because I have one too and I think about it the day after a birthday or special event all too often.

Amber said...

What a nice birthday! Happy Late Birthday to you!! How did the spa go?

Kindred Family said...

Hi Mag, I'm glad you had such a good birthday. Tell Jason that he scored some major points with that gift! I read your post about getting a flat tire and I really feel for you! That would stink and I could see it happening to me - I don't have a cell phone either and half the time we are running errands in the car I don't put shoes on my kids. I'll be more careful next time!

Best,

Katie

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday Maggie! We want a blog update on how the spa was!

paulandbrianna said...

Happy Birthday. Sorry I missed it. I tried to catch you on Sunday to let you know that you looked fabulous; you always do. But you wouldn't listen to me, j/k you couldn't hear me!!

Jenny said...

I do the age thing too - I'm always a couple years behind. I always said 24, now I say 25 but wait I am 26, right? I usually turn and ask my husband - he thinks I'm crazy. Dang time does pass quickly. I think you still look like you did in high school.