Friday, January 18, 2008

These Boots Were Made For Walkin.....

Lucy loves her boots she got for Christmas (some of you may remember how she asked for "boots that light up"). Well, I searched on the internet and found these little babies. Her little face beams with pride when people tell them how cute they are. I was a little nervous when I bought them that she would want to wear them EVERYWHERE and I wouldn't be able to pry them off her. Luckily, she understands the idea behind "matching" clothes, so she doesn't give me a hard time when I tell her they don't match what she's wearing. Last week when I picked her up from preschool, her teacher asked me, "Does Lucy sing a lot at home?" My answer was a quick, "Yep...all day long." She usually makes up her own little songs by mixing parts of different songs to make her own original version. Her teacher explained how she always sings during class, but that particular day she was quite captivating. I guess while everyone was working on an art project at the table, they all stopped to listen while she sang, "1.2.3 like a bird I sing. Cause you've given me the most beautiful set of wings!" She only knows that one line, so I added it to my playlist so she could learn the rest. What a funny girl!

9 comments:

Collette said...

The boots are awesome! Lucy is such a cutie.

Jamie said...

Lucy is adorable - and so stylish with her boots! I've secretly always wanted cowboy boots(I think that would surprise a lot of people to know that about me).

Amber said...

I don't know what it is about that song but my boys LOVE IT. They only know the chorus. Gotta love little singers. :)

Chelsey said...

After watching Lucy tromp around in those boots at Christmas, I kind of want a pair too...

The Youngs said...

Kids are so funny with the things they get attached to and those things they just always have to have. Lucy's little boots are so cute! How awesome are you for being able to find them online?!? Maybe you have a future performer on your hands? Maybe the next Faith Hill?

Tami said...

I love the quote Lucy made about Jason always sayign wipe-out. Kalleen, me and Jared all got a good laugh at that. So Jason.

A & M Ras said...

Maggie,
I am not sure if you remember me or not but I was in the same married student ward as you and was your VT for a few months. I found your blog through a friend of a friend, you get the picture. I think of you every time I drive by your house and wonder what you guys are up to. It sounds like things are great. Our blog is whatmenliveby.blogspot.com.
Marissa Rasmussen

Hales Family said...

I love the boots! I am glad you posted a comment on my blog so I could see your site. So Cute!

The Birds said...

What a cute girl! The boots are darling and I love to read your cute stories!