Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Go-Getter, Graham

Graham, Graham, Graham. We aren't sure what to do with him when he wakes up every night between 3 and 4 am and wants to fuss for a good hour. One of us goes in there and tries to give him a drink or comfort him, but as soon as we leave the room, he cries and we have to just ignore him. There's been a couple 4:30 mornings where we've had to start our day because he would not go back to sleep. This kid has been sleeping through the night since he was 10 weeks old.....I don't know what the deal is. Is his room too cold? Does he have an ear infection? We've been to the doctor and we've turned up the thermostat, but the middle of the night alarm continues. Will we ever feel rested again?On a happier note.....Graham has been doing some pretty funny things lately. We've been doing sign language with him (as we did with Lucy) and he's not quite getting it yet. We tried to teach him the "full" sign so that he would stop screaming when he wanted out of his high chair. Now every time we prompt him to do another sign, he puts on one of his huge Graham grins and sticks his little hand under his chin and signs full, regardless of what we want him to sign. It's hilarious!
He has recently started dancing more and more. He twirls and twirls or he'll move his hand around all funky. He also does this foot stomping thing that Jason likes to call "Hot Feet".
This picture is the face Graham pulls when we sees the camera or anything that looks like a camera. He's saying, "CHEE!" Which is his version of "Cheese".

Graham loves to chase Lucy around the house. She laughs and then he laughs and then he laughs harder. She loves it when he gives her hugs, but then gets mad when he's had his fill.

He still yells a lot (probably a reflection on his parents). It sounds like he's cursing at us sometimes, especially when you're changing his diaper. He kicks and then yells, kicks and then yells. He jabbers and jabbers to anyone that will listen. I absolutely love it. One of my favorite things is when I see him lean down to look someone in the eye and say some sort of jibberish to them.
Graham's got some crazy walks, too. This morning he was on his knees moving around and laughing at himself. The last few days I'll see him walking down the hall while he does this weird head bob thing....so funny!

You may keep us up at night, Graham, but we wouldn't trade a million good nights sleep for the fun and joy you bring to our lives. Maybe tonight will be the night we get to sleep all the way through!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Boys are so goofy! Daniel has some pretty hilarious quirks of his own(the funniest is when he'll imitate dancing from HSM movies and Hannah Montana - what a riot!).

The Birds said...

What a cutie! How old is Graham?

Anonymous said...

Graham will be 17 months on the 31st of January. One more month till Nursery!!

Blaine said...

This is definitely a funny age. George does those exact dance moves! I love the dancing! We miss Graham and his jabbering - I wish George would do more, but oh well. He'll probably be another Oliver in the talking department. We really miss you guys!

Aimee said...

I thought of you guys this morning when I was up with Gavin at 3:30. He pulled a Graham and started crying and needed to be held. That Graham is such a cute boy, I love his big smile. He seems like such a happy kid, especially for being up in the middle of the night!

Tanna said...

Maggie,
We went through the same thing (waking up at 5:00 am ready for the day) with Pete when he was a little older than Graham. It was so frustrating. We now know that "this too shall pass".-Good luck!

Emily K. said...

Rohne has not slept through the night, ever!! I am so used to getting up, I don't know what I would do with a full 8 hours! So, no advice here. When I go into him now, I ask him what is wrong, and he just tells me, "I'm sad, snuggle you." Meaning for me to hold him. And, I do. I know it would be a different story if I had a baby. But, he's still my baby, and I secretly love our snuggle time.