Saturday, November 17, 2007

Me, Myself, and I

It's been a weird 24 hours for me here in Lemoore. Jason and the kids left yesterday afternoon to go to Monterrey for the night. Jason's brother, Marty, and his wife are vacationing there, so they went to go have dinner and see the aquarium there. I was helping host a baby shower this morning, so I stayed home by my lonesome.

It's so quiet! It was weird waking up this morning to silence. No alarm, no shower running, no Graham noises.....just me and the empty house. I got a little sad when I walked by Lucy and Graham's empty rooms.

The break has been nice, though. I had a great time last night. First, I went and got my eyebrows done (wow....it had been a while and boy did it hurt!). I then went with some of my friends to book club and then came home and tried to finish my pages for a scrapbook swap I'm in (they're due tonight....I need to focus, yet here I am). When my mom came last week she brought me the first book in the Twilight series, so I've been reading that. This morning was the baby shower for my friend, Jill. It was a lot of fun.

Jason and the kids will be back this evening. What a fantastic husband I have. He didn't even hesitate when thinking about taking the kids to Monterrey by himself. I kept asking, "Are you sure you don't want to leave Graham?" He'd reply with a questioning look, "Why would I leave him home?" He's such wonderful father and I feel so blessed to be able to share my life with him.

5 comments:

Wright's said...

Love the picture. I'm the same I look forward to time alone but feel really ackward when it comes.

Collette said...

How nice to have a day to yourself. I really like Lucy's quote that says Santa and Jesus make the world true. I think we'll adopt that as our Christmas theme this year. Sometimes that is how it feels.

Jamie said...

You'll have to let me know what you think of Twilight. I've been wanting to read the series for quite sometime now. Also, you asked me a week or so ago, when we're planning to head to Utah? Dec 26-31st. When are Jason and you going?

Amber said...

Maggie! Hello long lost friend! It's Amber! I found you from Jenny. This blogging thing is so fun. I love to find people. :) You look so great and you have a fabulous little family! It never ceases to amaze me that we are all out in the world now, having families and REAL jobs, as in we are MOTHERS and our husbands don't work at a fast food joint. LOL If you don't mind I'll keep checkin in. :)

Blaine said...

Wow, you are so lucky! I know what you mean about leaving dad with the children (in our case just George). I always feel a little weird! But I am grateful that Blaine is such and good dad - and that Jason is for you too! Way to go Jay Ray.