Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, Blainer!


Today is my little bro's birthday. Blaine is 24 today! I am so grateful for him in my life. He is ridiculously talented and so dang funny. There are few people who match his wit. I love spending time with him. Blaine and I have always gotten along very well. Anyone who has spent any time with the Hickman fam will know that we have a tendency to bicker, fight, debate, argue (whatever you want to call it) a lot. Strangely, Blaine and I never really do and we didn't when we were young, either. Looking back to when we were growing I like to say that Blaine idolized me, so he did whatever I told him to. There was no reason to fight. We are a lot alike, so that may be part of it. There aren't many people who understand or "get" my craziness, but Blaine does and he has a wonderful way of helping me through my rough times. He gives solutions without judgement and knows the right things to say at the right time. I know it's a gift he's been given.

I love you, Blaine! I'm so glad you were born!

3 comments:

Blaine said...

Wow! Thank you so much!

Camille Foote said...

It was funny as I was reading your blog I remembered sitting in your family room, you and Bryan were disagreeing about something and Blaine said something in your defense and Bryan got upset at him and made some wise crack about how he is always kissing up to you. It was all very entertaining.

The Birds said...

Hey Maggie, how are things? I was so excited to find your blog through Lichelle's! Your kids are darling and it is so fun to hear what you have been up to! I think blogging is such a fun way to keep in touch! Come visit us! www.thebirds22.blogspot.com