Monday, November 5, 2007

I've been TAGGED!!

My buddy, Lichelle, tagged me about a week ago. I'm supposed to tell 7 things about myself and then tag 7 people to do the same. I've taken a while doing this because I can't think of 7 interesting things. Oh well....here it goes:

Side note: the picture has nothing to do with my interesting things.....I just found it the other day and thought it was funny. It's me and my brother, Blaine. Check out the couch...YIKES!)

1. I love candy corn. Most people would say they "like" candy corn, but I love it. I used to like any brand, but I have decided that Brach's brand are the best. I also like conversation hearts, but only Brach's. I love candy! I could give up cake, cookies, ice cream, donuts, etc...., but I could not give up my candy!!!

2. I am extremely afraid of heights. This fear came after I had children. It's a pretty big phobia. When I rode the New York New York roller coaster in Vegas this summer.....I honestly felt like I might pass out as we climbed to the top. I'm turning into a boring mom!!

3. I hate talking about food storage. I know it's a necessary thing and I'm working on it, but it stresses me out...big time. My heart sinks when there is a lesson on it or an enrichment on it. Two things that give me stress....the idea of polygamy and food storage. Yep.....I put them on the same level.

4. I am not a night person. I can stay up till about 10:30 or 11:00, but then I fall asleep wherever I am. At Utah State I missed out on a lot of fun because of this. If there's something that needs to be done, I am much better off going to bed and waking up really early than staying up late. Along with that, I HATE getting ready for bed! The routine ticks me off and takes too long!

5. I have a degree in Physical Education and Health. After going through the secondary education program and student teaching, I have no desire to teach school. I coached soccer for a couple years and loved it, but teaching.....no thanks. Hopefully when and if I go back to work, I can find another way to use my degree.

6. I am a routine oriented person (to put it lightly). I get upset when anything throws off what I had thought my day would be like. Example: Jason tells me that he has to be to work at 7:00 am instead of 8:00. Which means I have to get up an hour earlier to work out or not go at all (which is what usually happens. Another example: Graham doesn't go down for a nap when I had planned or wakes up earlier than I had in mind. I'm working on being more flexible.

7. I'm an aspiring optimist. In the last year or so, I'm becoming more and more self-aware. In most situations I plan for the worst and then I'm not disappointed or surprised when something goes wrong. I don't want to be this way. Recognizing the problem is the first step, right?

TAG your it! I've tagged seven people: Lindsay, Emily, Collette, Tanna, Aimee, Kalleen, and Camille. Within 7 days, write 7 things about you or you'll be stuck with 7 curses upon your head (that's what I've heard, anyways!). Pass it on! It's fun to read new things about people!

4 comments:

L said...

Thanks for playing...you are too funny and great!

Lindsay said...

It is hilarious to read what you wrote, because in some ways we are so much alike! I am the EXACT same way about food storage (and polygamy) and I always felt bad for stressing out about it so much so thanks for being the same! I wish I could come too this weekend!

Collette said...

Your list is great. I think the reason we've been friends for so long is that you are the only person who didn't make fun of me for falling asleep during a movie...because you were probably already asleep! Cracks me up. I hate getting ready for bed too, I mean really hate it.
I remember when we were little you would say that you were nervous about the second coming because you didn't want to be burned. I always think of you when this topic is discussed. Glad to see you're still the same girl I was friends with back in elementary(and beyond, obviously)!!

Ryan said...

I laughed out loud when I read this. You can come eat my peaches if you need some food storage. That's all I have, and really I don't have alot of them. Never mind. Find your own peaches.