Friday, October 19, 2007

"Lucy! Go kick the ball!"

Yesterday was Lucy's first soccer practice of the season. As I was helping her get her shoes on, she said, "I don't want to play soccer. It gets me all sweaty!" I went into a whole speech about how fun it's going to be and how much I love soccer, so she should love it, too. She was not at all interested. We signed her up last season, but as you can see from the picture, there wasn't a whole lot of soccer playing. There was, however, a whole lot of grass picking and prancing. All of which was nowhere near the soccer ball. Last year she spent almost an entire game standing in the middle of the field, yelling her friend's name. "HAYLEY......HAYLEY........HAYLEY...." Imagine her with her hands cupped around her mouth. Turning the direction that Hayley was in.
She had a great time at practice and even kicked the ball a few times. Maybe this year there will be a little less dancing and singing on the field and a little more kicking and goal-scoring.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Kids are always changing their minds! We signed Sarah up for soccer last season. She wasan't to crazy about it either. But now she wants to do it again. We'd sign up all of our girls for it, but everything lacks organization here in Albuquerque, including sports. So, they'll just have to wait until we move somewhere else. Anyways, Lucy looks so cute!

Kelsey said...

Such a fun age...why won't our kids just do what we want them to? I found your blog through Lichelle and it is so fun! Can't believe how big your kids are. Send me an email kkashment@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite to my blog. So good to see your cute family!

Tanna said...

So, maybe she won't play soccer, but she sure looks cute. I can't believe she said it makes her sweaty.!!!!I'm laughing out loud.

Pappy O' Daniel said...

Classic Pictures!

L said...

Trying to coach it is even more fun! I was so happy that half our games were cancelled due to weather. It is interesting to find out how different our kids are from us...and of course the random quirks that are exactly the same!

The Hart Family said...

That is hilarious! Yeah, I don't know what I'll do if my daughter ends up a dancer or something! GOod luck with that! =)