Thursday, October 4, 2007

I should never leave my house!

The kids and I had a rough morning. It began with a primary presidency meeting at my friend, Kelli's house. Graham usually naps around 10 am and the meeting started at 9, so I knew the end of the meeting would be a bit rough. (Does anyone else feel like their lives are ruled by naptime?) Well, as I predicted, the end was a battle, but we survived. Following the meeting, a bunch of my friends were meeting at 11:00 at a restaurant in Lemoore to surprise Caroline for her birthday. I had a feeling that I should just not do the restaurant, but I didn't want to miss out....so on we went. The kiddos did okay for about 15 minutes and then it was an all-out "Mom vs. Kids" showdown. Graham screamed in between Cheerio refills, Lucy demanded rootbeer after being given water, Graham pulled the table cloth up over his head and onto the floor, Lucy pulled her infamous dinosaur-raptor screech whenever Graham touched her. My next mistake was letting Graham out of the high chair while we waited for our food. He nearly tripped 3 different waiters. After that, Lucy thought she should be able to run around, too. That was it...I was done. I asked the waitress if we could have our order to go and we packed up and went to the van. Lucy did the before mentioned screech all the way to the car. It was awesome. Definitely a proud mother moment.
Graham fell asleep on the way home and so I put him to bed and Lucy and I had a picnic in the front room with our "to go" food. Graham woke up a couple hours later and has joined Lucy in her 4th hour of TV today. Did I mention I'm being nominated for mother of the year?

Graham found me....I better go!


8 comments:

Wright's said...

Wow, sounds like a day in the life of Kalleen, you just left out the part were I scream back at kids (I wonder why my kids are always yelling). I tell Jared almost every night when he gets home that he is lucky the kids (and I) are still alive.Of course I'm kidding (most of the time).I keep telling myself this is just a phase till Jared is done with school. I sure hope so. Thanks for making my life seam a little more normal.

Camille Foote said...

Welcome to my life. I feel like any effort of going out into public ends up with both children screaming. So it is nice to hear that I am not the only one who feels like never leaving the house.

L said...

I love it! You made my night. I am laughing my head off, only because I can completely relate. Tonight I was trying to get Lindee to her school performance on time with food in her tummy, Zander chucked his whole plate of food on the floor and started screaming because it was yucky. I of course wasn't super kind and Lindee asked where the nice mommy went. I thought to myself, well, at least you know there is a nice mommy in here somewhere, because as far as I know, she's been gone for sometime! PS I'll vote for you for mother of the year!

Emily K. said...

Don't feel one ounce bad. Your life sounds exactly like mine. Our kids are at the age that it almost isn't even worth it to go out to restaurants any more. And, (even just to make myself feel a little better), you have to take time for yourself, and if TV works, then go for it. By the time Jake gets home every night, I am ready to wring all of my hair out. However, we love our kids no matter how crazy they make us!!!

Jamie said...

I completely know how you must have felt today. You'll have to check out my latest post on my blog. All I can say is - more good times to come?!

Lindsay said...

Boy do I ever have those days, and I only have one child. I know that raptor scream as well - George has mastered it. You are not alone!

The Hart Family said...

That was so hilarious. I have had that exact restaraunt experience, and I honestly think I will have many more! Thanks for making me laugh though!!!

Kathy said...

So fun to see you kids go through parenthood! It brings a sweet but twisted feeling of revenge doesn't it Nancy?
They are such cute kids - I want a video of the scream.

Kathy H.