Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Good Example Jar

We're attempting a new strategy to try and encourage better behavior from little Lucy. Like I've explained before, we've been going through a bit of a rough patch as far as obedience and there's been a whole lot of whining going on here at the Ray household. Last night at FHE we presented our plan. Lucy has this little container that we lovingly call, "The Good Example Jar". She gets to fill it with one or two of the colored rocks when she has exhibited "Good Example" behavior (don't worry, we didn't use the word 'exibited' when explaining it to Lucy.) We have to take one out when she is maybe having not so good behavior. When it's filled to the top, we'll take her to Chuck E. Cheese (my favorite hang-out spot). Jason and I did a role-play where I was Lucy and he was Mom (or himself) asking her to do something. She thought it was hilarious when I threw myself on the ground screaming when he told me it was time to clean up and get ready for bed. I had the most fun acting out her usual reaction to having to come inside after playing. Classic. This is a picture of Lucy after she happily got her jammies on and brushed her teeth.....she got to put a rock in. So far...so good. We'll keep you posted. Get it? Posted! Ha!

6 comments:

Emily K. said...

Great idea, I might have to try it with Taylee. I've been going to ask. How old is Lucy? Did she turn 4?

Anonymous said...

Lucy turned 4 on Aug. 14th and Graham turned 1 on Aug. 31st. Taylee is 3, right? When was her birthday? How old is Rohne?

Jamie said...

What a great idea! Go, Lucy! How close are you guys to the fires?

L said...

Love the idea...maybe it might soon be a stolen idea...You have a friend with a Taylee? That is how my sis spells it too and I have never heard of another one!

Tanna said...

Maggie,
We may be trying this also. I think we've tried about everything else. I'll have to think of something to motivate Pete enough to fill the jar full. We already have our own store of dinosaurs.

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure that Lucy knows the important role of money in life. Maybe there is some opportunity there.