Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We're back!

Well, after almost 4 weeks away, the kids and I are back! We made the treacherous drive on Monday. We left at 6:30 in the morning and 13 hours later pulled into our garage. Yes.....I drove my kids and I 13 hours without help! I am actually quite proud of this accomplishment. I kept my cool and didn't lose my temper even once (well, maybe once when Graham was yelling so loud I couldn't hear what Lucy was trying to tell me). There were a lot of treats and a couple not so pretty potty stops, but we made it. By the end of the drive, Graham was tired. He had only slept a total of 45 minutes out of the 13 hours and finally fell asleep when we were 4 miles from home.

We had such a great time in San Diego and Utah and I know most of you have been waiting on the edge of your seats to hear about it. I'll get around to posting soon!

It's good to be back, but we sure miss our family and friends. At least every 1/2 hour, Lucy would say, "Mom, I'm still kinda sad that we're going home." If only I had video taped her farewell to her cousins. Oh the drama! Weeping and wailing and lots of questions, like "Why don't we get to live by Grandma!?" and "Why can't Dad just come here!?" and my personal favorite, "How many moves until we live by Abby and Oliver?"

3 comments:

Nells-Bells said...

You are my hero! Just driving to St. George by myself with the kids was a buzz-kill! I'm glad you had such a good time. Goodbyes are always the worst! Can't wait for the next installment. :)

Amanda said...

I'm sure it's hard to leave your family. :( I bet you were glad to be home after the drive though. WTG - you are amazing. Can't wait to hear (and see pics) of the trip. :)

Tami said...

It's always hard leaving the family. Aren't you glad that Lucy is still so close to family?