Monday, July 14, 2008

The Hiding Place

I just finished reading my all-time favorite book for the 3rd time. I'm getting ready to host book club at my house at the end of the month and this is the book I choose. I LOVE IT!

If you haven't read this one yet......do it now! It's a true story of a woman and her family who lived in Holland during World War II. The author is actually the woman in the story. Each time I read it I'm amazed at the circumstances so many people were put in during that time. This family not only rose above their own trials, but helped others to rise with them. I'm inspired by their testimonies of Christ and how they not only believed in him and his mission, but lived Christlike lives. I tried to pick a favorite quote, but there's too many.

Read it......you'll love it!

4 comments:

Camille Foote said...

I completely agree one of my all time favorite books. I think this is one of the first books that I have read that talks about events during WWII but did not leave me feeling depressed after I read it. Even though sad things happen in the book. It just shows the power that we can have over bad things if we keep Christ at the center of our lives. A definite must read.

Aimee said...

It's one of my top 5 favorite books. I never knew I could feel so sad, but good at the same time.

Emily K. said...

I've been looking for a new book. You can only read the Twilight series so many times before they start to get really annoying!! I'm gonna pick this one up. Probably not a library one? Just at a church bookstore or online?

Chelsie said...

I got Dan to read this while he was babysitting the movers. He read it in two days and he is not a reader. When the movers showed up the second day he was crying while reading it.