Monday, July 21, 2008

Lucy's Learnin'

This week Lucy is taking swim lessons at the pool here on base. We opted for private lessons because they only cost a bit more. She absolutely LOVES swimming, but isn't too fond of lessons. When we were leaving yesterday she said, "Mom, don't ever sign me up for these again." I said, "Well, how are you going to learn how to swim?" She answered, "I already know how!" I guess coming up out of the water spitting and spewing after attempting to swim a few feet qualifies her as a swimmer.
Lucy also learned how to ride her bike without training wheels this week! Very exciting! Jason was so patient with her, running up and down the street while holding on to the back of her little bike. Finally, he told her he was going to let go and she started screaming, "No, Daddy! No!" but then she was great and she rode away. Last night she perfected her start and stop skills and she is good to go!
She's looking a little stressed in this picture. She was still in the beginning phase and was worried about Jason letting go.

This picture is Lucy during lunch. She still hasn't learned that vegetables are actually delicious.
She is also trying out new words and sayings lately. It can be quite hilarious at times. She uses the word 'exactly' in place of the word 'especially'. "I exactly want to do that, Mom."

Last week she came up to me and said, "I'm bored. I don't want to be at home. I think I'm really homesick."

My favorite thing she has been saying lately is something she heard me say a while back. Lucy had shut her bedroom door and wasn't letting Graham in. He was quite upset, so I said, "Oh...you broke his heart." Now, whenever she's mad at me, (won't give her a snack she wants, won't let her play at a friend's house, won't let her watch TV) she chimes in with, "You broke my heart, Mom!" I hear it at least once a day.

11 comments:

Alesa said...

What a super darling face! Congrats Lucy on all of your great new skills!

Tanna said...

I laugh everytime I hear something about Lucy. How fun about her bike! Pete's up for swimming lessons next week and I'm already gearing up for him not liking them.

Amanda said...

She looks just like her mom. What a cutie! She is hillarious! :)

cragun family said...

SOOO cute. I think Lucy looks so much like you. Especially that face in the bottom pic. She is a doll, and I love the cute things kids say!!!

Collette said...

I don't blame her for not liking swimming lessons. I battled my way through at least 9 years of them. I should be an olympic swimmer by now...nope, still don't really love my head under water. Private is the way to go!
She is so dang cute. I "exactly" like the last picture.

Niki said...

Wow, she looks just like you in that bottom picture!

Ndrhsrfamily said...

Holy cow! That face Lucy is making is so you! I remember you making that face regularly at soccer practice in response to running ladders. Congrats to Lucy on her new accomplishments!

Lacey said...

Looks like you had a good time while in Utah. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I am glad you got to enjoy the 4th with your family and friends. Your kids are darling!

Wright's said...

Wow, Grayson has a hard time riding his bike wuth trainers. I love the picture of Lucy. I laugh everytime I see it.

AJ said...

Lucy looks JUST like you! Great job on the bike accomplishment, next you'll be teaching her how to drive!

Aimee Brunson said...

Hey stranger! It's Aimee. I found your blog through a random chain of people, crazy huh? Anyway, it's so good to see what your up to. Drop me a line sometime so we can catch up.