Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Let Freedom Ring

At the beginning of June we were lucky enough to be able to attend a "fly in" for our neighbor. He, along with many other pilots were coming home after being deployed for over 5 months. It was quite emotional seeing the long awaited jets fly over us in formation. So many families were waiting there for their loved ones.
I couldn't help but think of our own farewell and happy reunion after Jason will deploy. We don't know when he is leaving for sure, but probably the beginning of next year. Being in the military and especially living here on base, I am surrounded by women who are parenting solo while their man is gone. They are great examples to me and hopefully I'll be able to thrive as well as they do. In all honesty, I'm hoping to just survive!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Maggie I can't even imagine. I know you are way stronger than me and can do anything, but still what a hard thing to say goodbye to your hubby. Looks like a VERY fun 4th weekend! Lucy's moment almost put tears in my eyes. What a sweet heart.

Debbie Deerwester said...

Those pictures where breathtaking. I keep wondering what it will be like when Chris comes home in November. I see the shows on TV and get all emotional when I see them embrace for the first time. It's hard, but it gets easier as time goes. I just wish he was gone during the school year when I am super busy.