Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Festivities

We had a low-key, relaxed, but very fun Labor Day this year. It was just us Rays, but we made the most of Jason's day off work and Lucy's holiday from school.

We packed a lunch and went to one of our favorite parks in the area. There's lots of grassy areas to play on and a few little playground areas. We played soccer, a little volleyball, and a little frisbee. Graham mostly played at the playground. We went for a short hike up the mountain.

Here's the view from the top. The park itself is up on the mountainside of Ventura, so it looks like we hiked farther than we did. Can you see the ocean in the distance? I love where we live.
After the park, we went home and gave the little guy a nap. Lucy and Dad headed to the pool down the street and Graham and I came later with Ben after he woke up. I didn't get any pool pictures this time around.
We finished the day off with Jason's homemade pizza and homemade ice cream cones. What a way to end a fabulous family day.
Here's some of the pictures I got when I asked the kids to smile for me. Be sure to check out Graham's expressions.






Hope you had a great Labor Day, too!

3 comments:

Lemme said...

fun! is that arroyo verde park? if so, we love it too! and if not, you should check it out.

Tanna said...

Look at you!! Already blogging Labor Day. Looks like you guys had a nice day. We can't wait for October!

Allison said...

I love Lucy's shirt here at the end. Yep, I noticed that Creekside tee. It reminds me of your time here and how much fun Emma had with Lucy. Probably not your fondest of memories but I still think back on it and smile. :)

P.S. Abby is scouring the neighborhood for odd jobs she can do to earn money to come see you for Thanksgiving. She is very persistent which should be a compliment to you. She can't wait to see you guys!!