Tuesday, September 28, 2010

FHE.....SoCal style!

So, can I just say that I love living where we live. Yes, at least twice a week I get homesick and wish we lived closer to fam. But, I have to say, I would prefer they move here with us.
We are having fabulous weather, so on Monday evening, we decided to change our Family Home Evening to Family Beach Evening. The beach is less than 2 miles from our house. (I'm throwing that info. in there so you'll come visit!)
Ben-O didn't hesitate. He was crawling into all the waves and havin' the time of his life. He wasn't afraid at all. It's nice that his appetite for sand has died off. Although, we did catch him sucking on a rock every now and then. Graham looks like quite the beach bum lately with his long hair.

Lucy dug a big hole and we decided to stick Benny in it. It didn't last too long. He weaseled his way out pretty quick.


I even fit in a cute little lesson about the organization of our church. The three big seashells are the First Presidency, our Prophet, Pres. Monson and his counselors. The smaller twelve seashells are the apostles. We discussed how Christ had apostles when he was on the earth, and we have them now. It was fun helping the kids learn their names and help them recognize how blessed we are to have a prophet on the earth. I put in a plug for General Conference that we'll be tuning into this next weekend and expressed my gratitude for being able to hear what the Lord wants us to know through our prophet and the apostles.

All in all it was a fabulous, fun, and successful FHE. Maybe next week we'll go to Disneyland and have a lesson on modesty.

2 comments:

Tanna said...

I can't wait....the beach is calling our names! So is great company, fun games, friends and food, yum! See you soon!

Lemme said...

Hahahaha...love that last sentence! Your kids are so dang stinkin' cute!