Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Little Boy I Adore, Finally Turns 4!!

Last week our Graham-Bo turned four years old. We had a great day celebrating. At least once every couple hours, Graham would ask, "Is it still my birthday?" When we told him that it was, he'd say, "This is a loooong birthday!"

When I brushed his hair in the morning, I told him he looked awesome. For the rest of the day he kept saying, "Am I awesome?" or "Am I cool?" To which I would reply, "Yep. You're SUPER awesome." He'd give me a smile and move on to the next thing.
That morning we got ready for our play date at the park. We didn't have a big party planned for the day. We decided to have a little family celebration this year. I wanted to do something during the day that would be fun for the birthday boy. So, we called up our friends the day before and planned to meet at the park to play. I made these rice crispy treats and displayed the Spidermen that Jason let Graham pick out at Party City the night before.

Side note: I love rice crispy treats. Seriously....who doesn't, but I REALLY love them. So easy, so good. I prefer them to cookies, cake, brownies. I love them.
We made our way to the Pirate Park and played our hearts out. Ben-O had a fabulous time. Now that he's more mobile, life is even more enjoyable.



His friends were nice enough to bring him gifts, even though it was a last minute get together. Doesn't he look excited?Here he is with his pals: Joseph, Graham, Austin, Grant, Audrey, and Gwen

That afternoon, Jason got off work a little early so we could start partyin'. We made our way over to Golf 'n Stuff and did some go-carting. It was a little pricier than we anticipated, so we just did it once and moved on.

Had to include this one.

Cute Graham waiting for Mom and Lucy's go-cart turn to be over.
Since we cheaped out and only had one turn each, we decided to head inside to the arcade.

I schooled Lucy in some air hockey. Graham mostly played the driving games.
We went to Wendy's for dinner and then made our way home for dessert.

Here's the fabulous cake that Jason made. Graham requested purple frosting and Toy Story. Well, Mom and Dad dropped the ball and put off the cake situation until the night before. Jason went to the store and got the figurines and then whipped this baby up. The frosting really was purple, not gray. In the morning, when Graham saw the cake, he said, "I wish I was on that show!" So, Lucy made a little paper Graham and stuck him on there.
All day long Graham wanted to eat the cake. He'd ask, "Can we eat the cake now?" I'd say, "Not until after dinner." He'd yell, "Well, let's eat dinner then!"
Isn't this boy adorable! Here he is waiting to blow out his candles. Jason bought the trick candles that don't blow out. He and Lucy were thoroughly amused.
I love this kid!

After cake and ice cream, we did our traditional gift game. We play the "Hot and Cold" game until the gifts are found. He didn't get anything too spectacular. He got a Buzz Lightyear pez dispenser, a Bakugon (because we gifted one to a friend the week before and he really wanted one, too), and a Toy Story scooter.

This little guy is such a joy to have in our family. He makes me smile just watching him do every day things. He is so passionate about everything he does. He's been that way since he was tiny. Graham is either the happiest kid in the world or the grumpiest. No middle ground. Luckily, he's happy 90 percent of the time.
Some facts about 4 year-old Graham:
-He LOVES playing games on the computer or Jason's iPhone. He became a gamer this summer when he was allowed to play way too much Wii at Grandma and Grandpa's house. He asks many, many times during the day to play. pbskids.org is his current favorite.
-He still has to sleep with his blanket. This blanket is NASTY! He chews on it as he's laying in bed. I can't wash this thing enough. He has added a bigger fleece blanket to the mix, too.
-His favorite color was green for almost 2 years, but he decided about a month ago that it was going to change every day. So, he tells us his new favorite each day and sticks with it. Although, he asked us what color his skin is and we told him peach, so now that's been his color of choice for about a week. Hope we're not raising a racist.
-Graham knows all his letters and the sounds they make. We even started doing a teeny bit of reading today. Thank you, Letter and Word Factory DVDs!
-Graham does not remember names. He will play with someone all day and not know what their name is at the end. He calls everyone, "That Guy".
-I love when he wakes up in the morning and says, "It's day!" He humors me and climbs into bed for a few minutes, even though I know he's ready for his waffle.

He's growing up too fast! I love this age and can't get enough of him.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Graham is such a FUNNY little guy!Good job on summing up his personality..that's exactly the Graham I got to know this summer!

Lemme said...

LOVE that kid!

Tanna said...

Yea for Graham!!! Happy Birthday cute guy! I love the spiderman rice crispy treats.

L said...

Love the cake and that Lucy made a paper Graham, what a sweet sister. I'm glad he had a great birthday and that he and Myra will now share that special day. I love Graham's hair and his infectious smile...you have the cutest kids. I am glad we got to chat for a bit this morning...miss you!

Stephanie :) said...

I can't believe that our kids are getting older! Graham sounds so fun! And smart! Is he going to preschool this year?

Nells-Bells said...

such cute kids!! wow. i can't believe how grown they are. looks like you have been having a fun summer. i also love the purple icing with the toy story characters.