Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ben-O

I cannot believe this kid is 11 months old already! He's growing WAY too fast. Corn on the cob is one of his new favorites. He actually gets nearly all of the corn off. We're having a really hard time knowing what to feed this guy. He's not liking baby food too much anymore, but he's also quite picky about the other food I try. My other kids would eat a slice of bread as part of every meal. I used it as a filler, but this kid isn't taking to it.

He's getting so quick and agile now. I spend a lot of my day pulling him off the stairs at our house. When we're at the park, he heads straight for the stairs. He loves to sit in the kids' little rocking chair and is so proud of himself when he gets up into it.

Look at that adorable smile! I still have to keep a bib on him or we go through too many shirts in one day. He's always super quick with a smile. The kids can get him laughing really hard just by yelling, "Boo!" Even when he's ticked off, that usually works.


The trampoline is my new baby pen. Don't judge...it works and he likes it....most of the time. He'll crawl around in there for a little while as I finish up the dishes or try to finish a quick project. (I zip up the net, don't worry.)

See, I told you he likes it.
More fun things about Benny at this age:
-He loves his pacifier. About a month ago, we bought one of those binky leash things to clip on his shirt. It works great, especially at night.
-He has a hilarious laugh. It sounds kind of like a machine gun.
-I love it when he does his "scrunch up" face. I've tried to capture it for a picture, but not much luck.
-Church has been pretty good. Our other kids at this age wrestled with us almost the entire 3 hours. He's too big to carry around the whole time, so we take the stroller in and he sleeps for about an hour of it.
-Everywhere we go, people comment on his ginormous smile and bright blue eyes. I can sense they want to say something about his head, too, but most refrain. I love going to get him out of his crib after nap. He is so happy to see me and I get to see his smile in full force after being away from it for a while.
The poor guy has had ear infections for the last 3-4 weeks, so he's been a little needy and crabby. Hopefully they'll clear up soon and we'll have a happier Ben-O. For the last 2 weeks he's been waking up between 5-6 am. It's gotta stop...........soon.
Can't believe he'll be one year old in a few short weeks. I love my sweet, big baby Ben-O.







5 comments:

Jamie said...

I miss Ben-O..he is ADORABLE! His smile is VERY contagious! LOVE the pictures, and I'm jealous of the cage(much better than the fence I put up to confine my kids in the family room, when they were little)..my kids REALLY want a tramp!

Wright's said...

I'm such a loser. I haven't visited your blog in forever. I loved reading everything and getting all caught up. I just love you guys and your kids.
I'm so proud of you maggie for making bread. I've never done it and I don't know if I ever will. It scares me to death.

The Cooper's said...

He is seriously the cutest little boy ever! He really doesn't look like he has that big of a head- but for sure big eyes and smile! He is adorable!
I'm somewhat struggling with feeding our babies too...have you tried toast? The girls love toast with a little bit of butter and yogurt and grapes are both huge now too. Good luck!

Emily K. said...

Man, I wish I had a trampoline! I need that kind of babysitter. . . He's a doll. Don't worry about his head. My oldest son, Rohne was the same way. He grew into. They usually do. . . Although his is still a little larger than average. My baby won't eat bread either, but, goes crazy on toast. I just put a little tiny bit of butter or jelly, and he'll alwyays eat it.

Stephanie :) said...

I can't wait to meet him someday! He sounds like Wyatt- with the food thing and climbing all the time. I wish we had a bay cage like yours! :)