Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lucy's Unbirthday

Lucy's teacher lets the kids that have summer birthdays celebrate on another day during the school year. Lucy was really excited to have her day come this week. We made her birthday poster filled with pictures of things she loves. We were a little limited in the picture department, but we made it work. I went with her to school and explained the poster to her class. She got a little shy all of a sudden. She had pictures of her family, Mom, Dad, Graham, Grandma and Grandpa, tumbling, dressing up, the ocean, ice cream, chocolate and riding her bike. She had a soccer picture put up there, too. I showed and told the class all the things she loves and when we got to the soccer picture she stopped me and said, "I LIKE soccer." Meaning, she doesn't LOVE it. I thought that was funny.

Here she is with her teacher after getting 6 birthday spanks and a hug to grow on.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Unbirthday's are great..a little like having 2. Lori's "unbirthday" was June 3rd.

Nate and Janie said...

So this comment goes with a post from long ago - I guess I missed it. I didn't know you are pregnant. As I was reading thru some of the recent posts I saw the one about being able to take a walk after 5 weeks of no excercise. Anyway, congratulations!! I don't know how I missed the post back in April but I did. I hope you get feeling better soon and that you're hanging in there with Jason being gone. I just don't know how you do it - I am in no way strong enough to do that.