Sunday, May 24, 2009

Halfway there!

It's true. We are officially half way through this stinkin' deployment. Those words should bring me comfort, but they really don't. Thinking about going another 13 weeks without my guy is just plain crummy. Doesn't he look super hard core? It seems like he should be scowling, not smiling. (Although, I do like to see that grin)
Here's some pics of a project he's managing. Looks fun, eh?

Isn't Afghanistan a sight? Just like you were picturing, right?


In all honesty, the kids and I are doing well. We feel very blessed to have so much help with the day to day things as well as emotional support from my family. There are good days and bad. At least once a week there is a pretty awful day and I wonder how I'm going to keep truckin' through. But, those are the times I'm very grateful I moved home and have people to fill in for my kids when I simply need to just cry for a little bit.


Jason is doing well, too. He stays very busy and has a lot of responsibilities that keep him moving. The living conditions aren't so great. He lives in a tent with a dozen other men. Good times! As always, though, he keeps a very good attitude and seldom complains.


We're both hoping and praying that the next 13 weeks go faster than the last. Please keep Jason in your prayers!









5 comments:

Jamie said...

I know it must be really super hard to have Jason away, but wow you are halfway there! Let me know if I can help at all--really, I'm not that far away..and having Lucy over last weekend was fun!

The Andrews said...

I can't imagine having my husband gone that long. What a strong person you are! I complain when my husband goes out of town for a week! Hang in there..Hopefully the 13 weeks will go by fast!

Allison said...

I have been thinking about you and your cute kids and wondering how you have been. You and your hubby it seems have such a good attitude, I hope these next 13 weeks fly by for you guys!

Amy Evans said...

That looks like so much fun! Not...
Hope you're doing well! We miss you guys!

Debbie Deerwester said...

Hang in there Maggie. You're doing great. Just keep busy, which isn't a hard thing when you have kids :)