Monday, November 17, 2008

The Next 9 Months........

Tomorrow is the beginning of a long road for the Ray family. Jason leaves to start a new job two and a half hours south of here at Port Hueneme. After weighing a few different options, we decided that the kids and I will stay here for a while. Jason has to go on some field exercises for 3-4 weeks in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so rather than pull Lucy out of school just to move somewhere and have Daddy leave right away, we decided to stay here where we have a good support group and friends. Jason is deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan in March, so the kids and I are moving to Utah to live with Grandma and Grandpa while he's gone for 6 months. For the months of January and February, we'll see Daddy on the weekends and then prepare for him to leave us for a while.

Hopefully you were able to follow that. In summary: As of tomorrow, Jason won't be living with us permanently (we'll see him on weekends for a while) until we are reunited next August and move to Port Hueneme. It's gonna be awesome.......

12 comments:

L said...

Oh Mags! All I can say is I love you and know you will get through this awfully hard time...eventually. 9 months, that's nothin...theres not even morning sickness & labor to go with it:> I must say I am excited, very excited to have you close for awhile. We will play A LOT!!!

Collette said...

Good luck. I can't give you any advice because I would be just as nervous. You'll do great, I'm sure. We'll have to get together at least once while you're here. I'll be thinking about you.

Tanna said...

Oh Maggie,
I'm so sorry it's come already. I'm here for you anytime, not close by, but you're welcome to call me anytime, day or night. I'll be excited when you come to stay with your parents. Good luck, I know you'll be great!

Kim said...

Wow Maggie! Good luck, that will be so nice to come live in Utah for 6 months. It will help a lot but doesn't make up for your hubby. You will be blessed!!

A & M Ras said...

Maggie we did the weekend only thing last year when Andy had his internship. I promise the time will fly by during the week. If you are ever in good ol' CV while you are in Utah look us up and come and play.

paulandbrianna said...

We will be here for you and love your family. But I do have to say Paul will miss Jason. But I won't be surprised if you still get random phone calls from him. It will be over before you know it.

P.S. We will miss seeing Jason's name on all the notices giving to housing residence :)

Tami said...

Yikes! There's a chance Joseph will be joining him-we won't know for a couple of months. It's amazing how things work out, and I know you have so much support with your family. I can't imagine not having family to help out. Atleast you'll be able to see your family more:)

Emily K. said...

It's easy for me to feel so sorry for myself, and our life sometimes. I'm sorry to use yours, but it helps me put things into perspective. I throw a fit when Jake doesn't make it home for dinner after woking late. I can't imagine how you ware feeling. I know you are a strong woman, and with good friends and family, anything is more bearable. It's easier to bear when we have someone else to take care of, like our kids. We have to be strong for them. Good luck, I will be thinking of you, and we always keep those brave men and women serving our country, and their families in our prayers.

Paige said...

Hey I can so relate!!! If you ever need to talk to someone who can understand what you are going through I am here! I moved in with my parents while Scott went to 5 month training then bought a house near by while he went to Iraq for a 18 months. You can call on me any time. I'm serious!

Allison said...

Hang in there Maggie! I am sorry about all of the changes and the times you will have of being a single parent, but how exciting to be able to come back to Utah for a bit! Good luck and take care!

Jill said...

Wow Maggie. Good luck with your upcoming adventures! I hope you can endure well :)

Nells-Bells said...

okay. got it. wow. good luck with everything! i hope the time just flies by and you won't have to be without him for too long.