Sunday, November 30, 2008

For These Moments I Am Thankful

We had a very enjoyable, relaxing Thanksgiving. Our celebration started with a little Pilgrim/Indian celebration with Lucy's class on Wednesday morning. I helped make some "friendship" salad and assisted the kids in getting their costumes on. Lucy and her buddy, Danielle, posed it up for me as they waited for their snacks.


We were lucky enough to have Jason's sister, Shellie, come spend the week with us. It was so great having her here. Lucy especially enjoyed playing with her IPhone the entire time.

Thursday morning we bundled up the kids and went over to the church for the annual Turkey Bowl. We had quite the turn out this year. Lucy and Graham enjoyed playing with all the kids that came.

After the game, it was time to get home and quickly get ready for our Thanksgiving party. We had 4 other families coming to have their meal with us. The Gilberts, the MacAbees, the Magins, and the Sares. It was a little crazy, but so much fun! Jason and I were only in charge of rolls and a veggie tray. Easy breezy! We had a little bit of cleaning to do, but we were happy to host if they were going to be all the great food! We had deep fried turkey, Caroline's awesome English-style stuffing and appetizers, and tons of pie. Good times!

After dinner we pulled out Jason's new game, Rock Band. I don't think I'll ever hear "Should I Stay or Should I Go" again without thinking of Caroline on the microphone.

What a blessing to have so many friends to fill in the gap for us when we're away from family. Not just any friends.....super fun friends who make us laugh and make life better! We felt so lucky to have Shellie come stay with us. We were sad to have her leave on Saturday.

Our week ended with a tear or two. Jason left Friday night for 3 weeks, so I'm flying solo with the kids for a while. Also, there's been a change in plans. We're moving to Utah at Christmas, so when Jason returns from field exercises, the house will be all packed (most of the stuff will be sent to Port Hueneme to be stored until August). We'll make our way to Layton on the 20th or 21st. So much to do.....so little time!!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Good Luck Maggie! :)

Nells-Bells said...

you're moving back to utah for good? i want to know more!! :p

Debbie Deerwester said...

Maggie, Let me know how I can help. I can watch the kids while you get some things done if you'd like.

Kindred Family said...

Good luck in these three weeks. You'll be great. Hopefully we'll see you at Christmas.

Katie

Nells-Bells said...

maggi,
i changed my blog address, blog title, and background. you will have to check it out:
http://roomfornello.blogspot.com
hope you are doing well!

AJ said...

All I can say is You are SO BRAVE! Thanks to you and Jason for your enormous sacrifices for our country! I will hunt you down next time I'm in Utah. I've got to meet that Lucy/Maggie miniature in person.