Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween in UTAH!!

Jason and I decided to load up the kids and head to Utah for Halloween weekend. We left Thursday afternoon and made it all the way to St. George and stayed the night with Jason's sister, Shellie. My neighbor and her two girls tagged along, so we had a van full of kiddos to entertain, but we survived.
We decided to surprise everyone and not tell them we were coming. We got into town around 5:00 pm on Halloween evening. We stopped at the Perry's house to put on the kids costumes and then headed over to Heidi's house (my sister). We parked the car a few houses down and sent Lucy and Graham to the door. Abby and Oliver happened to be walking out their front door about that same time and when Abby realized it was Lucy walking up to her, she was so excited! Her reaction alone made the whole trip worth it. She hugged her and lifted her up. It was so great! She ran inside to tell her mom we were there. Heidi didn't believe her until Lucy walked in. Heidi made Jason and I feel so loved. The surprise factor made it all the more joyful.

We finally got to meet our new niece, Ella, too!
We gathered up all the kids and trick or treated our way over to Mom and Dad's house. We sent Lucy up with her cousins and all the neighbor kids. We told her not to say anything until Grandma noticed her. She was so shocked to see her there and it made me so happy to walk up to the door and give my Mom and Dad a big hug.
Here's Graham in his 3rd Halloween costume of the year: Nemo

Our trip was short, but we packed it full of fun and games.
Saturday morning, Abby was baptized and confirmed. We were so glad we got to spend that special day with her. She's growing up so fast. We love Abby and we're so glad she's a part of our family.

That night we went to dinner with Jason's siblings. Jamie and Marty didn't know we were coming, so it was fun surprising them, too. It was so fun catching up with them and just hanging out.

Sunday morning we went to see Grandpa and Nana Ray. It was nice spending time with them and having the kids interact with them. After that, Jason took the kids over to Jamie's house to play with her little ones.
We spent most of the time just sitting around my Mom and Dad's house visiting and eating too much. Good times! I love spending time with family! We got a couple days filled with lots of laughter and memories. Even though the drive was long, we are so glad we went! Only 44 days until we drive back for Christmas!!
Beth and Lindsay posin' it upHere's George and Graham enjoying some ice cream together

12 comments:

Kim said...

What a super fun surprise!! Glad Halloween weekend was so great. :)

Nate and Janie said...

That sounds like a fun time especially being able to surprise everyone! We were actually in Utah for Halloween too! Wish we could've seen ya, it's been a long time!

L said...

How fun!!! I love that you guys did that, & you'll always remember that fun surprise. I am SO glad I got to see you guys! I love the pic with Abby picking up Graham...priceless!

Amanda said...

How fun for you and your family! What a great idea. Your so lucky you live far away and can do something fun like that. ;-) My family doesn't even care when I come over.

Tanna said...

I'm glad you guys decided to make the long trip. It sounds like you had a GREAT time! I just wish it could have been more and we could have gotten together. Can't wait to see you over Christmas!

Kelsey said...

What a great idea! I love that you surprised everyone. Those memories will last forever.

Wright's said...

Anytime you want to suprise the Wright family we would love it. J/K. I need to call you, it's been a while since we last talked. We look forward to your next trip for Christmas. Maybe if I brib you with chocolates you'll stop to see us.

AJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AJ said...

Oh what a sweet surprise! You must REALLY love your family! The road tripping is a huge indication of your willingness to sacrifice to see the ones you love.

Kindred Family said...

So cute! I love Lucy's poses - she'll be great on the runway someday. She's already standing to her back toward the camera, looking over her shoulder. I can just hear it... "oh this? I'm wearing 'purple fairy' by Versace".

JBBGirl said...

Welcome back home! There is nothing like spending time with the fam! Glad things went well for you all!
I changed my address to: http://jessicaslemons.blogspot.com/
If you have me on your link list you will have to update it to the new one. So sorry for any trouble this may be. Thanks so much for your understanding!
Hugs,
Jessica

Tami said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could do it.