Monday, November 17, 2008

Date Night

Jason and I were lucky enough to go on a little date this past weekend. Our wonderful friends, the Gilberts, watched our little ones while we went to dinner and a movie. One of my favorite parts of our dates is just being able to talk to Jason one on one. We had a lot to talk about this time around with all the changes coming for our family.


Here we are at Mimi's Cafe. We drove 45 minutes to Visalia so we could have a better choice of restaurants. We've been here a couple times and have liked it.

After the movie we saw Eagle Eye. We're big Shia Lebeouf (spelling?) fans. We liked the movie, although I'll warn you, it takes a turn for the stupid near the end.

I am so grateful for the sweet husband I've been blessed with. There is no one else I would rather spend my time with. I'm nervous for the months ahead when I'll be without my match, but I know we'll be okay.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Hooray for date night! Oh Maggie...I don't envy you at all and what you have ahead, but you are honestly one of the most amazing people I know not to mention SO STRONG (and not just physically). You can DO ANYTHING. But, my thoughts and prayers will be with you just in case you need a little extra help. ;-) GOOD LUCK! HANG IN THERE!

whitney williams said...

I'm glad you guys got to have a little time together before he leaves. It will be hard, but after the first week time will fly! My husband worked out of town for about 9 months...the kids and I only saw him on the weekends too. It's not fun but you get into a routine. It would be fun to see you when you move back to UT for a while!

Franklin Fernandez said...

Very nice! I am glad to be able to join your blog! Thanks for letting me keep up to date!

paulandbrianna said...

Sounds like fun. To bad you didn't wait a weekend. That's the movie on base this weekend. Then you wouldn't of had to pay $10.00 or whatever it is to see it, but hey I am cheap. Glad you had fun before Jason left.

Heather said...

Hang in girlie. I am glad that you are able to go home to be with your family. That will really help your time go faster.

Wright's said...

Maggie I am so sad that Jason has to leave, but I would be lying if I didn't admit how excited I am for you to come to Utah. I am hoping you'll let me help with the kids. maybe we can do some sleepovers? Please call and vent anytime. I don't know how anyone gets along without there husband, especially one like Jason. Are you coming for Christmas? I need to call you.

Blog said...

I hope the next 9 months goes FAST for you guys! I teared up when I read your last post, cause I know it's not going to be easy for you guys, good luck!

JBBGirl said...

Haven't heard from you for awhile on here. I sure hope things are coming along well for you guys. I will be with family for this month since the hubs will be doing routine stuff I am sure you know how that goes! We may be moving over seas and the hubs may be cruising before that so we are going to do the same as you and probably pack out here and head to the folks house for a few months. I think it will be better that way. I have no one here so the family support will be a big huge relief for me. I noticed that you have my old address on your link list. So here is my new one. jessicaslemons.blogspot.com. Hope to keep in touch!
Hugs,
Jess