Monday, August 6, 2012

Dancing Queen

Lucy decided to give ballet a try this past year.  She liked it, although she hated the drive out to Camarillo every week.  She said she didn't like practicing the same thing over and over again.  I tried to explain that's what "practicing" is, but she wasn't convinced.  She wanted to have more than once recital over the year to work for.  This girl loves the spotlight.....one performance at the end just isn't enough for all the work they put in.


My tiny dancer.  

Jason and I were very impressed.  We, of course, thought she was the best one.  We were sad to hear that she didn't want to do it again next year.  We think she's pretty talented :)

I love this picture of her after her performance.  What a sweetheart.  

Afterwards we went to dinner with our ballerina.  She looks way too grown up with her "stage makeup" on.  

My attempt at a ballet pose.  Don't mock.....I took a year of ballet back when I was 7 or 8, too.  It didn't last.  I'm with Lucy, too much work with too little glory.  

No comments: