Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Benny Boy


             

This may just be the cutest little man on the earth.  I absolutely love this stage with Benny.  He keeps us laughing all day and even though the terrible 3's (it's never terrible 2's at our house) are approaching and he's showing all the signs, I just wanna freeze time and keep him this age forever. 



I love all these pictures that Ryan took at the wedding.  Ben-O's got a great big grin that I adore.


I have a big list of things I want to remember about Benny right now.

-Just today he started calling Triscuits, "Ben crackers" or more like "Ben cwackers".  It took me a little while to figure out what he was saying.  It's because of "Graham crackers".  Get it?

-If you look at Benny from across the table or while he's playing, he'll stop what he's doing and turn his head a little and give you a great big cheesy grin.  

-We've transitioned Ben into a big bed and it's been quite the ordeal.  He walks into the living room every night with the same phrases.  "I hungry."  Only its, hungwee because he can't say his r's very well.  Another one is "You sweep wiff me?"  He's always hopeful that I'll lay down with him for a while.  "You tickle my back?" We switched the doorknob so the lock is on the outside now.  So, it only takes one time coming out and then we lock it.  He doesn't mind.  I think he likes that he's trapped now and doesn't have to worry about the temptation to come out.  


-Benny is way into super heroes right now.  He calls them, "big guys".  He has a bunch of hand-me-down Superman, Batman, and Spiderman jammies and he LOVES them.  Every night we put them on and he immediately runs out of the room and yells, "Superman!"



Love these ones.

-Jason was making bacon for the BLT's we were having for dinner one night and Benny wanted a piece.  Jason was cooling a piece off by blowing on it and then he looked up and blew in Ben's face to be funny.  Benny quickly said, "Don't blow on me!  I'm not bacon!"

-Benny loves, loves chips, especially Cheetos.  We use them as bribery to get him to eat his fruits and veggies.  One afternoon he walked up to Jason and said, "I need Cheetos in my mouth."  Then he opened his mouth wide open and pointed into it.





I love how hard he is trying in this one.


-Every once in a while when we're walking somewhere, Benny will start swinging his arms and doing more of a march than a walk.  He'll move his head back and forth, too.  Cracks me up every time.

-I love watching him run.  His short little legs and arms move so fast and his hair bounces up and down.

I could go on and on about this kid.  Sometimes Jason and I just look at each other and wonder where he comes up with some of his antics.  Such a punk sometimes, but such a joy.  We love our Benny Boy.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I had a little tear for myself seeing those pictures. We miss you all very much!

Tanna said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Those are the cutest pictures I have ever seen. Brooke always talks about Benny's "hi-ya". He is the cutest.

Jamie said...

I miss you guys so much..love that Ben!