Friday, August 24, 2012

4th of July

We had a very nice Independence Day celebration.  We returned from Utah a few days prior, so we were a little sad that we weren't celebrating with the family.  We needed to get back to Oxnard so that we could start packing for our big move to Phoenix (more on that later).  

We hadn't actually made any plans for the day, other than the ward breakfast and carnival in the morning.  We just decided to see what the day brought.  

Here's Benny trying out his skills in golf.  He insisted on keeping his Superman jammies on for the event.  Red and blue.....very patriotic.  
This kids is getting more and more handsome.  He's looking so grown up lately.  Love the hand in pocket pose.  

Lucy with some of her tickets she won.  

Later that evening we were invited to go with the Walea family to Ventura College for fun and fireworks.  We had a great time!
Benny was quite the gamer with the football.  


Just after the fireworks.  My crazy fam.  
Kekoa, Kasia and little Laila.  We sure miss these guys.  

We had a great day celebrating.  I feel so blessed to live in this wonderful country.  We are so blessed!  I love that my man is in the military.  I can't believe I'm saying that, but it's true.  I'm proud of him and his hard work, but also our sacrifice as a family during his deployments.  

No comments: