Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lucy's Birthday!

Our little Lucy Jane turned 6 yesterday! I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to make the day special for her because we just moved here and we don't have many friends yet. Well, all the worrying was unnecessary....we had a great day and she had a birthday to remember. I loaded the pictures from the day backwards, so we'll start from evening and go from there. This is Lucy in her new nightgown standing with her new scooter. She decided about a week ago that she wanted a scooter for her b-day. Luckily, I hadn't done any shopping yet, so I was able to deliver.
For dinner we invited our new neighbors to come to McDonald's and eat Happy Meals and play at the play land. A family that lived next door to us in Lemoore now lives a few houses down from us here, so they came along, too. After dinner, we came back for cupcakes. Here's Lucy blowing out the candles.
Here's all the kids at McD's. Graham, Giselle, Lucy, Abby, John and Julianna.

This was the sweetest thing. We met some people at the park down the street a few days ago. They invited us to have pizza with them on Friday. I mentioned that it was Lucy's birthday and one of the mom's showed up with some cupcakes and candles and had everyone sing to Lucy. I was very touched and so grateful. Lucy was very surprised. In the picture she is tearing up because she's so happy.

This is what Lucy woke up to in the morning. Notice the cute banner in the background. My wonderful friend, Kalleen, flew in for a couple days this week and she made it for me to hang up. I actually hid the presents and we played the "hot and cold" game for her to find them (a family tradition).
By the end of the day I was happy that Lucy had truly enjoyed her day. She felt special and that's what I wanted for her. She had numerous phone calls from family and friends and she felt loved. She woke up this morning and was sad because she wanted it to be her birthday again. Now we get to look forward to celebrating again when Daddy gets home!
I can't believe Lucy will be starting 1st grade in a little over a week. She is growing up too fast and if I think about it too much I get really, really sad about it. I love that little girl so much and I'm so very proud of her.





2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Happy Birthday to Lucy! I was so glad I got to see you this summer. You are almost at the finish line with the deployment. Good job girl!!!

Jaime Boots said...

Lucy is so sweet!