Sunday, August 9, 2009

Checkin' Out the Hood

We're getting down to the wire, but the time is passing oh so slowly. Here's some of the stuff we've been up to the last few days. We wanted to find a place where the kids could ride their bikes and see the ocean, so we went exploring. We found this little sidewalk near the marina and the kids had a great time riding up and down it as they watched the sail boats dock for the evening.
They found a hill at the end of the walk way. They kept going up and down it over and over again. Graham was seriously ticked off when we left the hill. He caused quite a scene.

Here's Graham on his new favorite toy....the tricycle. It was in storage all this time and as soon as he got on it, he pedaled around like a mad man.


Another evening when I was trying to kill time, I decided to take the kids and go get some ice cream. We found a Dairy Queen on the way out to the beach. Here's Graham enjoying his cone.



They don't sell Dilly Bars at this particular store, so Lucy jumped at the chance to get a chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard. She was good to share with her wonderful mother, though.





3 comments:

Nate and Janie said...

Maggie you have a "mini-me". I can't believe as I look at the pictures of Lucy how much she looks and reminds me of you. Holy cow! I hope all is well and that the next couple of days will fly by for you!!

Jamie said...

Seriously I'm beyond jealous that you're so close to the beach, and my kids are flipping out..they think it's so not fair! Wow it's in the final days of the countdown to Jason's homecoming, and I believe you when you say it seems like a long time. I'm sure it will be a very special day..one that you will always remember! Good luck with back to school with Lucy and you're final trimester of your pregnancy..keep in touch!

Blaine said...

That looks like so much fun! We really miss you so much, and we would come visit you tomorrow if we could. Soon enough we will come. It looks like such a fun place to live.