Thursday, August 6, 2009

Californians Are We!

Well, we made it! After a long week of traveling, unpacking and organizing, we are attempting to settle here in Port Hueneme. I got here a couple days before everyone and checked in and had our storage delivered to our new house. My Mom and Dad brought the kids a couple days later and the work began.

I have to say that I have the best parents on earth. I am so grateful that they came and helped me get everything set up and put together here. If they wouldn't have been here, I'm pretty sure I would have spent the last week lying in the fetal position in a corner somewhere wanting to die. We spent 3 long days juggling the boxes, the kids, and the base regulations.for allowing cars on base. (Sooo irritating! I understand the need for security, but seriously?)
The last night they were here, we went to the beach to see the sunset. We are officially beach bums! We are within 5-10 minutes of 2 or 3 different beaches, so come see us!
The beautiful sunset

Lucy had a bit of a run in with the tide. She was only supposed to get her feet wet (yeah, right). The water came in higher and faster than she expected. She was trying to run to safety and her flip-flops fell off. She went to save them and fell face first into the water. It was hilarious to watch, but she wasn't nearly as amused.
So, we're on day 2 without Mom and Dad and I have to say that I am very lonely. All I have to do is think about them and Utah and I start crying. I am so beyond grateful that I moved home during this deployment. We'll remember these past 6 months and smile instead of cry because we were able to spend it with family. Jason will be home in 2 weeks and we couldn't be more excited, but believe it or not, 2 weeks sounds like sooooo long to me right now. Is that crazy?
I love you, Mom and Dad! Thanks again for working so hard and reassuring me through it all that I could do hard things and I would survive the deployment and the move.


2 comments:

L said...

We miss you tons!!! I ran into Beth and she said it's like you died! We feel almost the same way ;). We can't wait to come see you soon. You are amazing and strong...you have handled this deployment SO well! You are almost there!!! We are glad you came home too. Luv ya!

cragun family said...

Way to go. You are a trooper. Hooray for 2 more weeks. Spend some time on the beach and help pass those long day.