Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kalleen Comes to Town!

My fabulous friend, Kalleen, came to help me get settled this past week. It was so nice having her here. I was so sad to see her go! Not only did she help these last days without Jason go more quickly, she also helped me with different projects and things around our new house. This is Kalleen and Lucy making signs for Jason's homecoming. This was one particular project I was just not going to do, but then I remembered that she was coming and I knew she wouldn't mind helping me out. She did it all and I am so grateful! Now Jason will feel the love as he pulls into our driveway and sees the banners welcoming him home.
Graham wanted in on some of the painting action.
The last night she was there, we went to a little Mexican restaurant that sits right next to the marina. We ate on the patio and enjoyed the view. We'll definitely be heading back there with Jason when he makes it home.
Outside of the restaurant there was a walkway and a fountain that the kids ran around. It was a little chilly, but still fun. Here's Kalleen and Claire with the kids.

Okay, I have to say that Kalleen is so very talented. She was only here for 2 days and she managed to help me hang some things up, paint Jason's banner, and she completed these paintings for Graham and Lucy's room. I absolutely LOVE them! Aren't they adorable? I've decided that Kalleen is like another Martha Stewart only way cuter and has way more personality. I've always admired her creativity and artistic abilities.
Thank you so much for coming, Kalleen! You are such a great friend and I enjoyed every minute you were here.




2 comments:

Wright's said...

Thanks again for letting me come out and driving back and forth from the airport. I LOVED being with you and your cute kids. I can't wait to have our whole family came out and be with you and Jason. You are way to complimentary of me. Thanks for making me feel so special.

Wright's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.