Tuesday, March 3, 2009

So Long, Farewell....

February was a month full of goodbyes for our little family. First, Jason was with us here in Utah for a week and then we had to say goodbye. But, we got to see him less than a week later. We met up in St. George and stayed at Shellie (Jason's sister) and Natalie's house for a 5 day vacation.

We filled our time there with fun things and lots of family time. We found an awesome park that had toys we had never seen before. The kids and the adults had a great time there. We went swimming at an indoor little water park. Graham and Lucy had a ball! I loved being able to run outside in the morning. I could definitely live in St. George!!
We ate out quite a bit (one of our favorite pastimes). Here's the whole gang: Natalie and her nephew, Shellie, Lucy, Graham (he's hiding behind Dad), Jason, and Me

Our last night there was the day that High School Musical 3 came out on DVD, so we went and bought it and had our own little movie party complete with dancing, singing and treats.
We had such a fabulous time. We're so grateful that Shellie and Natalie let us crash at their place and for babysitting the kiddos so Jason and I could have a date. They were terrific hosts.
That was the last that the kids saw their Daddy until he gets back from Afghanistan in August. It was a tearful goodbye and a rough ride home, but we made it through.

That weekend I flew to California to see my sweetie one last time before he deployed. It was a bittersweet time because we were trying not to think about Monday morning when we would have to say goodbye.

On Sunday night we had Totino's pizza at our hotel and watched movies all day. it reminded us of our college days back at Utah State when we had Totino's at least once a week.

All in all we're doing okay. We miss Jason terribly and sometimes it seems like too much to bear, but we have great support here and we're so grateful to be surrounded by family and friends.






4 comments:

L said...

Trent and I had a totinos pizza on our anniversary this last year too! They still rock!

JBBGirl said...

So sorry you had to say, "Goodbye" that's never fun! Funny thing, I was just vacuuming yesterday and you guys just randomly popped into my thoughts. I said a little prayer for you! I hope all things go well for you all while he is gone! It is so hard to be strong through it all but you will find strength you never knew you had and homecoming will be there so fast before you know. Just stay focused on keeping busy and you will do just fine! BIG HUGS! BTW...you are really looking great! Good for you!

Heather said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes remebering the times Cam has had to say goodbye to his kids. Those are precious but heartwrenching moments I will always remember. Hang in there. I think we may see you at Grandpas party in a few weeks. Should be fun!

Paige said...

I'm here for you! Seriously, I know how lonely it can be. Feel free to call or email any time!