Monday, March 9, 2009

8 Years and Counting.....

My husband is halfway across the world, but he still managed to make sure I got roses on our anniversary! I was so excited and it helped brighten a tough day for me. That's my man!
It's been 8 years today, so I thought I'd list 8 of the many reasons why it's so awesome to be married to Jason.
1. He's very romantic and is amazing at remembering different dates and events from when we were dating.
2. He gets up with the kids on the weekends so I can sleep in. Even if he won the paper, rock, scissors match.
3. He always drives and doesn't get bugged when I fall asleep.....which is a lot of the time.
4. He doesn't get annoyed when I'm feeling down on myself and need to be told a million times that I'm doing great or that I'm beautiful or that I'm not crazy. He'll tell me a million and one times if I need it.
5. He has a very hard work ethic. He keeps going until the job is done and does his best.
6. He likes a good chick-flick every once in a while and he's not afraid to admit it.
7. He's got the best smile of anyone I know and he's always up for a good time. He's very rarely in a bad mood and when he is, he snaps out of it very quickly. He's very easy going. (I fit 3 into that one...oh well, they're all related, right?)
8. He always tries his best to make me and the kids feel like we're #1. He's so far away now, but he still makes me feel like we are his priority.
Bring on the next 8 years! I hope they are as joyful as the last!



11 comments:

Emily K. said...

Happy Anniversary! Your family pictures are beautiful, and you totally made me cry. I will be thinking of you, and pray for you to make it through these coming months.

Amanda said...

He is a great guy and no doubt couldn't have a better girl. :) You are awesome Maggie and deserve the best! Glad you found it! :)

Nate and Jill said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Those pictures below are so amazing! You have the sweetest family and we miss you terribly. You the are the greatest friend ever even if it is long distance. Have a great day, I am thinking about you always.

The Cooper's said...

Happy Anniversary! Your roses are beautiful. What a wonderful guy you have. It's always those little things that make the world of difference!

Kindred Family said...

Has it really been that long? How did that happen? Congrats!

P.S. Steve and I regularly remind ourselves how you and Jason came to our wedding ceremony at 7:00 AM despite being married the day before. You guys are champs and really great friends!!!

Jason Ray said...

Hey maggs thanks for the post. I got an email from you that I haven't responded to. I just tried but our system won't send it out. I need to take my laptop to the internet cafe and sign up for Gmail then I can use that to send it out. I love and hope you have a great day.

Nells-Bells said...

how cool is your hubby. i can't believe it has been eight years! it will be eight years for us this year too. crazy! where does the time go? hope you are having a great day. :)

The Youngs said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! What a sweet hubby to send you flowers. Maggie, the family photos are AWESOME! I think about you often and hope you're managing to get by. HUGE hugs! Miss you.

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary! I always tell Adam not to spend the money on flowers, but how perfect they would be at a time like that! Ahhh... what a sweetie! The perfect thing to brighten ahard day.

Thanks for calling the other day! It was so good to hear from you!

cragun family said...

Happy anniversary. Beautiful flowers! I am glad he remembered, of course he did.
You look great by the way. Darling picture and cute post!!

Paige said...

I seem to remember your name on a Temple locker that day. That was the day Scott and I got married too. Some how beautiful flowers made came from Iraq just as yours did on our anniversary. Our husbands are great! Happy 8th! And happy many more!