Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bring on the Tuesday and Wednesday Nights!

I am lovin' me some American Idol this season. My Tuesdays and Wednesdays are a little brighter because I know I get to watch them that night. (Keep in mind that my husband is gone and will continue to be gone for quite some time. It's the little things that keep me going.)
This year, for me, it's all about the men. Again, my husband is gone and that may be swaying my vote towards the testosterone, but I think they far surpass any of the women. Here's my top 5 in no particular order:
Danny, Danny, Danny. I have loved this guy from the get-go. I've been rooting for him since his audition. Yes, his wife died not long ago, and yes, that might be why I like him a teeny bit more than the rest, but who cares. He's human and relatable (is that a word) and I would buy one of his albums tomorrow.
Kris. I love him, even though he spells his name with a "K".

Anoop has also been one of my favorites for some time now. I loved his Bobby Brown shout out a few weeks back and this week's "You Were Always On My Mind" was amazing. He seems humble and down to earth and I like that.

How can anyone not like this guy? I was so oh so sad to see him go and then oh so happy when he came back.
I think Scott is absolutely fabulous and I was so irritated when Paula told him that he needs to perform without the piano. His performances with the piano are so powerful! She said he needs "more showmanship". Does she want him to dance around up there? What an idiotic thing to say! Many of my fellow fans would say that he wouldn't be where he is in the competition if he wasn't blind. I beg to differ. I love watching him perform and I think he is incredibly talented.


So, there you have it. My faves so far. I wasn't sad to see Alexis go last night. All those women folk better go before any of these men do or I will stop watching (that'll teach 'em).






5 comments:

Jamie said...

Joe and I are huge fans of the show as well, and we have to agree with you that it's all about the boys this year. Joe really likes Matt and I really like Danny and Scott.

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

Hi Maggie, I had to check out you blog. What a beautiful Family. So sorry that your husband is so far away, that is hard. You are such a doll. I am glad we had a class at Utah State and could get reaquainted!! Keep in touch. I love watching American Idol too, I just havn't got into it this year. Take care.

Tami said...

This is the first season I've actually watched the whole way, and look forward to Tues, Wed also. I like the boys lots too. Danny and Anoop are awesome.

Emily K. said...

We are huge Danny Gokey fans here, and I love Matt Giraud. I'm glad you didn't put Adam Lambert. I get so creeped out by him, every time I see him. And, his singing is just crazy. I can't figure out what's up with him. Gay? Metero? Goth? Just wierd? I agree it's the girl's time to go. Megan is kind of cool, and really pretty if she didn't have the big tattoo on her arm.

Jason Ray said...

Very Interting