Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Goofy Graham

This kid is such a nut these days! He's two and a half this month and he's acting more and more his age lately, but he's also getting more and more hilarious, so it's not so bad.
Here's Graham with the snowman that he made with Grandma
Graham with his pajama bottoms on his head. He sleeps with bunny. Aunt Shellie gave it to Lucy a couple years ago, but Graham has adopted it as his own.

I've decided that Graham is a Nick Jr. addict. This kid loves him some Dora and Diego, along with an occasional Wonder Pets. He wakes up asking for it and he is soooo ticked off if he doesn't get it. He would watch for hours without end if I let him. Now that we have DVR at the house, it's a possibility. When I tell him it's time to turn it off, you would think that I cut off his right arm. He'll play for a bit with his toys and then he says to me or whoever will listen, "A-mon (come on), Mom....Dora" or "Ollow me" and then lead me to the TV.

Graham's classic one-liner is "No thanks". He says it all the time.
Me: "Time for nap, Graham."
Graham: "No thanks."
Me: "We've got to change your diaper, Graham."
Graham: "No thanks."
Me: "Come eat your lunch, Graham."
Graham: "No thanks."

Sometimes he says it very sweetly, and then other times he screams it as loud as he can. He also loves to yell for help when I'm taking him to bed or changing his diaper. He looks for whose around and yell for them to rescue him.

I had a sweet moment today as we drove home from the gym. I turned the windshield wipers on and every time they wiped across, he would giggle. It was so cute. Not a big thing, but as I listened to him and smiled to myself, I realized that I need to enjoy fun little moments like that more.


6 comments:

Collette said...

Have fun this week.

It looks like you're surviving at your mom and dad's house. Hopefully we'll get together sometime. I'll call you.

paulandbrianna said...

Maggie, thanks for the great comment, I died laughing. It looks like all is going well. just and fyi Amber had her baby yesterday evening. Chloe was doing great but Amber was having a rough time. Hopefully I can see her today to make sure she is okay. Thought you might like to know.

AJ said...

What a fun Mom you are, we are going to hook up next time we're in Utah! Why don't you come visit me and Katie in Denver!!!!?

Kelli said...

It sounds like he's grown up so much already! We sure miss you!

L said...

LOVE the pictures!!! Good job with the header, it is perfect.

Wright's said...

I love your new pictures. When does Jason leave again. Is he gone?