Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Sing us a song....your the piano WOMAN!"


Well, we finally brought our piano into the house. It's been sitting in our garage for over a year. We got the piano while we lived in Logan. Dad Hickman got it from a lady he sold carpet to. She didn't want it anymore, so we took it off her hands. It was pretty beat up, but hey, it was free! We finally cleaned it up and stained it a little bit and now it looks pretty good.
I've decided that by the time we move next year, I want to be able to play the hymns. I took lessons for about 6 years when I was little, but I stink. Lucy can attest to that. Yesterday when I was playing, I heard her talking to Jason in the kitchen. Jason said something about Mom playing the piano and Lucy said, "That's not Mom that's Graham?" So complimentary.

5 comments:

Collette said...

Lucy's comment is hilarious. It reminds me of when I was in young womens and I played a hymn. Julie Atkin (remember her?) looked at me and said, you can play those? Yeah, apparently she knew I didn't ever practice:)I would love to be able to play again.
I love your hair by the way. I have tried and tried to get someone to cut mine like that and they don't get it. Maybe I'll take a picture of your hair so they can see...

Emily K. said...

Good job on bringing the piano inside! Ours is still sitting in the garage. But, even when it was inside the only things my kids would let me play was "Roll your Hands," "Head, Shoulders, Knees, & Toes," and "Popcorn Popping." The primary songs are easier, and more fun! I would like to get better too, but the kids won't ever let me play by myself. Your family will love the music.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

I would love to have a piano. I'm sure it can be a little tricky moving a piano which is why we still don't have one.

Wright's said...

The piano looks great. I wanted to take lessons again now that I might take it seriously. Does Jason still play. Thinking of him playing brings back good memories of sunday night scripture reading. He was always our designated piano player, if Jason couldn't play we would be stuck singing Because I have Been Given Much (it was the only song Tami could play).