Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Military Man

Jason was promoted from the rank of Ensign to Lieutenant Junior Grade on Friday. They had a little ceremony for him outside of his office. I thought the shin dig started after lunch around 12:30-12:45, but when I pulled up to the office, there were about 30 people standing around waiting for yours truly. Little embarrassing, but oh well.


His boss had some great things to say about him before they had him sworn in. It was nice to hear how much they appreciate his hard work ethic and friendly disposition. He said that Jason has handled everything they put in front of him and gets the job done. We had lunch afterwards with all of his coworkers. We feel very blessed that Jason enjoys his work environment and what he does every day.



The military life is different than what we expected, but in a good way. We really enjoy living here on base and the people we have met are amazing. We are surrounded by so many people who sacrifice time from their families to make our lives in the United States better. I watch my neighbors and friends whose husbands are deployed and they seem to handle it with such ease. They have rough days, but they push through and keep counting down the days until their sweethearts are home. Jason's time for deployment will come and I hope that I can keep raising our kids and keep my cool the way these women do. Before moving here to Lemoore, I had no idea what it would really be like. We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful friends close by that make our lives better and help us in so many ways.

2 comments:

L said...

Way to go Jason! That is exciting (I think, I must admit I am pretty ignorant to all of the military titles, you'll have to explain what it means sometime!) You really are amazing Mags. I love to watch you be a mom and wife. You try so hard and put your whole heart into, all the while building up everyone around you. You are just wonderful and a great example to me.

JBBGirl said...

OMGOODNESS!!! I did not know this...."CONGRATULATIONS!!!" to Jason!

So very very very HAPPY for you guys! You deserve it!

I really believe good people are Blessed richly and you all really deserve many blessings to come!

Thanks for all you do!

HUGS,
Jessica