Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Grandpa!

We were thrilled to have Grandpa come visit us this fall!  The main event was Graham's baptism, but we made sure to show him Sicily while he was here.  


We made our way to Caltigirone.  One of our favorite spots.  Dad bought a couple things to take back to Mom.  Benny and I have been there many times, but it never, ever gets old.  I love seeing all the tiles and all the different shops.  I love finding new places to eat.  


Elephant square or Piazza Duomo is another favorite. 



We couldn't let him leave without seeing the sights in Siracusa


Love Ortygia.   I LOVE this picture of Dad and Benny in Ortygia.  I can't decide which filter I like better.  I wanna frame this one for my house.  What do you think?


One of the last days he was here we made our way to Acicastello.  Jason and I have done a few runs past the castle in the background, but I've never stopped and enjoyed the view for very long.  




I got this last picture after Graham's baptism up in Taormina.  I love the big wide ocean in the background.  We are truly blessed to get to live in this beautiful part of the world for a while.  It's just so hard to say goodbye when family and friends leave.  When Dad left it was no different.  We absolutely loved having him here with us and getting to show him are favorite sights. 

1 comment:

Brooke said...

so fun! And just in case you were wondering--I like the picture in the black and white (or is it sepia?) Anyway--it's a great pic.