Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The ordinary.

I want to try something new with this here blog.  I plan to keep posting pictures from events and trips and all that jazz, but I've decided to do something new.  While I think it's important and fun to read about birthdays and see what the kids dressed up as for Halloween, I think it would be more fun for us to read about day to day life. Years from now I will want to know more about what we did during the normal, regular days.  Not just what we did on our trip to Naples.  So, I'm going to try to post once a week about the regular.  The kiddos are at such crazy, fun ages and our house is always buzzing.  I know there will come a time, sooner than later, when I will want to remember what filled our days.  Here it goes:

Right now, as I type, Graham and Benny are playing on the iPad on the couch.  They played all afternoon with friends outside and now, they are in their jammies, hoping I'll forget about them and not send them to bed.

Lucy, Sullivan, and Jason are at the emergency room at the hospital.  No....don't worry.  We're regulars there.  Lucy hurt her thumb during her flag football practice yesterday.  It's a little swollen and bruised.  I took her earlier to my neighbor who is an ER doctor and he said he would probably take her in for an x-ray.  The problem with this scenario is that this is our 4th visit with Lucy to the ER since we've lived here.  It seems whenever she gets hurt, she is not satisfied with our sympathy.  The girl needs to know if it's broken and she hopes for a brace, crutches, or something to prove she's severely injured.  I'll keep you posted on that account.

You may be wondering why Sullivan is with Jason and Lucy at the hospital.  Sullivan, Sullivan, Sullivan.  The poor guy is teething and has been teething for over a month now.  The kid is a bear!  Sooo grouchy 80% of the time.  When he screams his velociraptor screech, you can see his swollen gums.  There are at least five teeth trying to emerge and it's just so pitiful.  By the end of the day, my Sully-meter is full to the brim and Jason helps me out.  So, being the wonderful husband and father he is, he took him with them.

We had a quick Family Home Evening before they left on gratitude.  We talked about the ten lepers story and then cut out a bunch of hearts so we could "heart attack" our branch president, Matt Fomby.  His birthday was yesterday, so we thought we'd brighten his week.  Graham, Benny, and I rode our bikes over to their house and taped up their cards and the hearts to their door.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  We'll be having dinner with the Jarvis' family and most of the members of our LDS branch here in Sigonella.  They have a large home up in Motta, so we can all fit.  I made two Kentucky nut pies to take.  J and I will work on our other meal assignments tomorrow before the big feast.

Well, Graham and Benny were playing and it just turned ugly.  Apparently, Graham sat on Benny's hand?  Who knows.  But, I guess that's my cue.....


P.S.  Update:  Lucy fractured her thumb.  Mom of the year award goes to:  Maggie!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Your title is Ordinary, but you and your family are anything, but!!!

Love you lots.

Aimee said...

I love reading about the everyday ordinary! That's the important stuff!!!

Jamie said...

I love reading your blog and feeling like I have a clue what's going on in your place in the world! Miss you all, always!