Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tooth Be Gone!

Lucy Goose's other front tooth finally came out last weekend. It was dangling for days before she finally let me tap it out of there (after wrestling her to the ground). She was able to twist it all the way around. I think she looks adorable.

We've had a rough few weeks with this little girl. She is not liking school AT ALL. "It's just too long!" She cries at bedtime and sheds many a tear every morning. Tuesday nights are no problem because Wednesday is early out day and she can handle that. I'm really hoping it gets better. It breaks my heart to leave her there sobbing every morning. I want to just scoop her up and let her come home with me. She's very homesick and I can totally feel her pain. I always was homesick as a kid. I didn't do sleepovers until I was 15 and I remember the start of school being tough, too. I know what she's feeling and that makes it more difficult to leave her. Her teacher assures me that by the middle of October, she'll be over it. Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Karly will be jealous. She wants to lose a tooth so badly.

Everyone I've been talking to with kiddos in first grade have been going through it too - maybe not quite to the extent as Lucy. But Karly's been seriously emotional. Dinner conversation last night revolved around "what would happen if I never went to first grade again?" It's getting better, though. Hang in there, Lucy!

Collette said...

It will all work out. Reading about her reminds me so much of you. You always seemed to make it without any emotional scars!
She is so cute without her two front teeth.

Aimee said...

I have a solution--homeschool!!! If that's not exactly your cup of tea, Brooklynn went through close to the same thing last year only she faked sick for 2 and a half weeks to get out of going to first grade, it was rough. I promise Lucy will get through it, so will you!

Nate and Jill said...

I'm so sorry to hear that she is having a rough time. Part of it might be that now that Jason is home she feels like she is missing out on stuff at home. (That was part of the reason Hannah had such a hard time last year) I had to make sure we had fun when she was home, spent quality time with just her and not emphasis anything fun we did while she was at school. In the morning I also reminded her to think about 3 of her favorite things she did at school. Then make sure you ask her when she gets home what her 3 favorite things are and really act excited about the things she tells you. This gets her to focus on the positive. I also suprised her and went to eat lunch with her at school about once a week. That will break up the day and give her something to look foward to(I never would tell her the day though). That helped Hannah so much. It may be rough for a while but Hannah is doing excellent this year so there is hope. Last year was really tough but we got through it and I'm sure Lucy will too. Tell her we said hi. I lost your email with your new address and phone numbers. Can you send it again? Thanks and good luck

Stephanie :) said...

How fun that she's lost both front teeth at the same time! It's so cute! Hope school gets to be not so long for her too! I wonder if Paige will be the same way in a couple of years. You'll have to let me know how things go in a couple of months! Good luck!

Lindsay said...

Yes. I also feel her pain. I had to bring my teddy bear "Beary" to school with me and I kept him in my desk. Whenever I felt the tears coming on, I would hold onto my bear.

By the way. We really miss having you here. George often says he wants to go live in California with Graham!